H22 + GSR Tranny = ?

F3D3X

Hey guys, I just need some feedback on this because im looking for a new engine for my teg. Now what i have heard is that the combination of a H22 engine and GSR tranny is the "K" killer haha. I dont know but im just posting this to see any ideas you guys might have.

Thanks

purpl3ran93r

Yea you're probably talking about the H2B (H22 and B Series transmission = H2B, clever rite?) anyways all I can say is a H22 swap is a pain and I think mounting it too a B series tranny is more complicated but they do have its for this& yes it is faster than a K series as far as I have seen, but I wouldn't go around calling a "K killer" but It really isn't much faster...

Last edited:

jznsn2u

An h22 with a b16 cable transmission would be nice. Why? because its a bigger displacement than the k20 (2.0L) and it's the transmission set up would have 1 less gear than a k20 tranny + shorter gear's. Also you would have more torque at bottom end rpms than a gsr or type r motor. Con's - where do you live? If you live in California, good luck with smog and getting it bar'd.

A k20 transplant has its own perks as well. Depending on what k20 you get, you could possibly get one with an lsd transmission. (Newer model si's come with lsd) It doesn't come with a traditional distributor and rotor (I like this feature) so you would have a cleaner looking bay in my opinion. The k20 leaves more space in the engine bay to display a nice turbo on top of the transmission :lol:. Can hold it's weight against the h22. Con's - a lot more expensive than a h22. The rsx transmissions are infamous for gear pop outs.

Coney

Spacely
i would opt for H22 over K series just because all the old vtec stuff is so much cheaper than freakin ivtec shit. and the pop and grind problem with the rsx trannies