H22 LMA's in GSR head

justjdm

DB8 Whore
Hey guys, I got a loud knocking in my head of my GSR and I'm pretty sure I have a stuck LMA. When I rev around 2-3K rpm, you can hear a loud ticking sound. Engine runs fine and starts up with no problem, I just got that knocking I want to get rid of ASAP! I did some research and found out it's most likely a stuck LMA.

As I was browsing a few threads on different forums, I heard H22 LMA's will fit with a 0.40 washer underneath. I just want to know if anyone attempted this and if so, how is it working out for you? I did a lot of research, but didn't really get good enough info on this. Only reason why I wanna use H22 LMA's is because of the price. H22 LMA's are $9 each and GSR LMA's are $24 each, so rather go the cheaper route since this is my daily and no mods are done to the head. If I had some head work done, then I would definatly go with either ITR or GSR LMA's. Any advice would help! Thanks guys!

BankiBoi

You should YouTube the sound for help from other members ego have had this issue and maybe able to identify the problem.

You can do a vlave lash easy

Posted by Thunderbolt using tapatalk

justjdm

DB8 Whore
use GSR engine parts for a GSR engine. good luck
I would if they weren't so damn expensive! LOL! Rather spend $80 than $200!

You should YouTube the sound for help from other members ego have had this issue and maybe able to identify the problem.

You can do a vlave lash easy

Yea, I seen a few videos, but it's hard to tell. Gotta replace the valve seals anyways, so I'm sure I will find the problem when I tear it apart.

dlo253

Work with a washer? Don't do stuff Like that inside your head man. You may be gettin a good deal now, but what if it makes more problems. That's Just gonna be a lot more money..

BankiBoi

Do it right the first time and you could always check eBay for parts first

justjdm

DB8 Whore
Work with a washer? Don't do stuff Like that inside your head man. You may be gettin a good deal now, but what if it makes more problems. That's Just gonna be a lot more money..
Well, it would be a hardened washer, like a grade 8 or 10. Thats why I'm trying to figure out if anyone has done it before so I can see how they made out with it first before I proceed in doing this.

LOL! Checked ebay and all I found was a guy selling one and another guy selling all 8, but they are the older version one's which I have now. The newer version are springs and more reliable than the old LMA's.

SexySSBP

Kwicherbichen
use GSR engine parts for a GSR engine. good luck

Lulz...sorry guys, but lots of ignorance here. If you truly understood how these worked, or how the washer is used, you would have known how simple this is. This is a commonly used trick, even among head builders, and there is no risk whatsoever. To the op, I am currently using h22 lmas and a .060 washer. Over 10k on this setup with no issues. Seriously guys, make sure you know what you are talking about before you answer.

justjdm

DB8 Whore
Lulz...sorry guys, but lots of ignorance here. If you truly understood how these worked, or how the washer is used, you would have known how simple this is. This is a commonly used trick, even among head builders, and there is no risk whatsoever. To the op, I am currently using h22 lmas and a .060 washer. Over 10k on this setup with no issues. Seriously guys, make sure you know what you are talking about before you answer.
Finally someone answers my question! LOL! Thanks bro! I really just wanted to know if anyone is using this setup and how it's working out for them. I did my research and found a whole bunch of people using this method, but that was back in 08-09, so just trying to see if anyone had any updates on thier setup. Thanks for the info! I guess I'll order them online since they are cheaper. BTW, where did you get your washers from?

SexySSBP

Kwicherbichen
No problem! My head is fairly built, too. If you search enough, you'll find a guy using dimes, lol...

SexySSBP

Kwicherbichen
Yeah, mine are just standard grade 5 washers right out of the fastenal bin at work. Think about this, what is the head made out of? Aluminum. What is the pocket the spring resides in made of?? Aluminum... You see where I am going with this.

justjdm

DB8 Whore
Yeah, mine are just standard grade 5 washers right out of the fastenal bin at work. Think about this, what is the head made out of? Aluminum. What is the pocket the spring resides in made of?? Aluminum... You see where I am going with this.
Gotcha, I just heard stories of people using regular washers and overtime warping from the movement, but i'd figured using hardened one's will work just fine. Gonna order the parts and do it next weekend! So I'm assuming .60 is the thickness or the washers right? If so, then what's the diamter of the washer, 3/8 or is it metric?

SexySSBP

Kwicherbichen
I don't remember :/ It might be in my build thead, though. I think it is, actually.

Edit..nm, it's not there. I don't remember where I posted it.

Last edited: