H23 Motor Swap

LightSkinbyYosi

So I have an automatic 97 Integra and next summer I want to swap either an H22 or H23 into it. I want to start gathering all the bits and pieces for it. So I was wondering if anyone out there had knowledge about this swap that includes a detail list of all the parts and stuff that I would need. Pictures would help also.

Thanks in advance guys.

Nick_C78

The swap is actually not very beneficial because of its weight. You would actually be faster with a build B18C1 and it would be less work. I am not trying to tell you what to do though. It is your car.

Lets start with this; what will the car be used for? What budget do you have and how skilled are you with a wrench?

Muckman

Not a M0derator
You can literally Google "H23 swap Integra" and find people who have done it, parts lists, swap kits. Oh and pictures too!

LightSkinbyYosi

The car is pretty much a project car, I want to make it a manual and retire it as my daily. I thought the H22 was a better alternative to the B18.

Russell D

I've had both b and h series cars and the car I enjoyed the most that I've ever had was my 94 hatch with a bone stock h22; and I own a 400hp mr2...the torque and midrange the h22 offers far offsets the small weight difference(which is only about 50-75lbs if you remove the balance shafts). If you are not reliant on the the car and are willing to have a small project I would buy a jdm h23 vtec(blue top) and do an h2b swap and connect that engine to an itr trans. That would no doubt be a fun reliable car that can be daily driven!

dreloc

Pic of your MR2? I had a built gen3 with a garrett internal ct20b pushing 20psi. Miss that car!!! But yea what he said...H23 bluetop with ITR tranny