HALF USM / HALF JDM (56k..go get a drink)

konerri

my intercooler piping came in today. i actually bought two builders kits. I ordered a lot because i needed extra metal to practice on before the final thing is put together. 2.5 inch aluminum piping. I actually got these from EBay from a business called CXRacing. Went on their website and they seem to have lots experience with fabrication(mainly turbo drift cars). And they run what they built, which gets a big thumbs up from me. Their pipes have a enlarge rings their ends which won't blow off under boost. Comes with enough couplers and hose clamps. i will be replacing the hoses because blue is not part of my color scheme. Black HPS couplers are on the way.

I don't want to pay cheap for crap products and i don't mind paying premium for great products but when a good products comes out for a fair price, buy two of them.

My BMC Racing Products F20C HRS Premium header flange is here. Look the the design of this flange. One side port matched(oval shaped) to the head and the other side it matched to the pipe(circle shaped). This thing is CNC machined so everything is very well done. Thumbs up for a great flange. I work in the water/piping/hydraulic world and i can somewhat translate how water moves through a pipe to how air moves through a pipe. Other people will say this is not necessary but i personally do think so, the smoother the transitions the better. Plus, this is my build so i can do what ever i want.

head side

pipe side

the head side where the flange mounts up is milled down certain areas to help prevent heat from header going back to the head.

If you haven't guested, this build takes into account all the little things.

j13

Keep It Clean
that's tight!!!

Can't wait to see your fab work for the piping.

Last edited:

konerri

^ i am selling tickets in advanced right now for joy ride.

JK

Sure, all my friends "who can drive" will get their chance to drive this beast.

jznsn2u

Awesome build :thumbs up Can we see more pics of the body please :lol:? ooorr are you keeeping it secret for a surprise bro?

08twfa5vl

^ i am selling tickets in advanced right now for joy ride.

JK

Sure, all my friends "who can drive" will get their chance to drive this beast.
lol, "who can drive" good one.. that's #1 rule for letting someone drive a highly modified car.

what kind of fuel you planing to tune this beast on, pump gas and e85? :)

Samurai_Blue

Yolo Whippin'
:thumbs up kong make it out here! we can go to a track your build vs my build vs matts build vs nicks build on buttonwillow or something

konerri

i am seriously considering the E85 fuel now. Been doing some research on it and it is the "poor mans" race fuel.

Button Willow for sure when this car is done. But i won't be driving it there, most likely it will be in a trailer.

As for body pics...the body is still in a million pieces.

08twfa5vl

Do E85, a lot of turbo cars are on E85, engine runs a lot smoother then on pump gas and also makes a lot more power!

Samurai_Blue

Yolo Whippin'
i am seriously considering the E85 fuel now. Been doing some research on it and it is the "poor mans" race fuel.

Button Willow for sure when this car is done. But i won't be driving it there, most likely it will be in a trailer.

As for body pics...the body is still in a million pieces.
i think ill trailer mine in as well just to look bad ass :D if i do go over 12.5:1 compression im going to use 100 octane, its easy enough to get over in sacramento, we have our own VP racing here but im hoping i can stay within the 91 octane club

konerri

if i go E85, i will two maps. One for 91 octane and another on E85.

Yesterday, i started the welding aluminum. I didn't do so good. Let's keep it at that for right now. But Stainless wasn't so bad. Stainless was easier to do then aluminum.

Also, working on the engine harness tuck too. got it ran the way i want it already, just have to splice, cut, and rewire some stuff. The s2000 has alot of webbing inside the harness. Anyways i bought a lot of heat shrink tubing today too.

Last edited:

speedin

The Transporter
Do E85, a lot of turbo cars are on E85, engine runs a lot smoother then on pump gas and also makes a lot more power!
:banana:

if i go E85, i will two maps. One for 91 octane and another on E85.
Only way to go really. E85 isnt that easy to find to just have one map. Well for a DD at least.

And I digg the flange. Hydro and Aero share alot of the same principles. Im all for smooth transitions.