hand brake problem

heykosal

Angkorian
i got a problem with my e-brake. the problem is whatever the ratchet sounding device is that holds the handle up. i can pull it up and it feels normal like the cable is tight and everything, but it doesnt stay. i got it sittin in gear right now. im pretty sure this wont pass safety inspection so im hoping for a quick fix. ive searched and couldnt find any info. anyone here know?

speeddemon

I have the same problem with my teg... my mechanic buddy told me it was the back calipers or calibers (not sure
how to spell that) that needed to be replaced.

heykosal

Angkorian
really?? thats so ugly. how much is that gonna cost me? rear calipers only? is there any possibility that its not the calipers? im blown..

Kuchtaboy

Unregistered User
it could be only 1 of the rears. Mine is the same way. its only my rear right that's bad, but it could both of yours. I'd have to inspect them. lol

heykosal

Angkorian
I F*CKING HATE USED CARS!!!!! bought the car for 8,000
so far these are the problems
-CEL code 9(CYP) cylinder sensor
-parking brake
-drivers door lock doesnt move unless door is closed
-drivers window switch auto down feature doesnt work
-antenna mast stuck down
-headlights need to be adjusted

now i need to get this car MD inspected soon so should i just call up the local dealer and get the cylinder sensor and handbrake problem fixed? can someone explain to me the cylinder sensor problem? its CEL code number 9...

thanks all

heykosal

Angkorian
so i read on another forum, i think superhonda, that replacing the whole distributor assembly will cure the cylinder sensor problem. does any one know if this is true? i also cant seem to find a "distributor" anywhere online. all i find is seperate parts ya know cap, rotor, expensive ass housing, seal and whatever else. total of all the parts is almost $600. i think i just need to go to the dealer.

heykosal

Angkorian
yeeaah so my car failed inspection today. but not because of any of the reasons listed above. left front axle boot is torn. is that the CV joint? anyways its easier to just replace the whole axle right? appox. how muh is that going to cost me? that cel isnt gonna pass emissions though..