Harness Bar

Samurai_Blue

Yolo Whippin'
Dont buy a cheap seat. That is something you sit in and will protect you. Spend some money on a quality seat. Used Recaro SPGs go for like $300.

fixed back seats are to be used with a roll bar and harness. Reclinable seats are not.
you dont need a harness bar if you have a racing seat to use a harness. You just need a long one and anchor it to the back seat. FIA says this is acceptable, for some reason every racing category around the world says this is okay but the US. You should however use a cage with this. Also if you are using a 4 point use an ASM 4 point. If you dont, you will get internal damage in an accident.

Accel.speed

basically, i like fast!
I say that because there made by NRG and I just looked there is no spot for it.
I have some noname bucket black leather seats that didnt come witha place for buckles. So I drilled a hole in the rail and used steel cables to attach my buckles.

So its possible for a dd but for track I would definitely take these guys advice and buy a legitimate seat. You'll be happy with it.

Samurai_Blue

Yolo Whippin'
Seats do not come with a slot for the buckles. You need aftermarket rails. Both my seat rails had a slot for the buckle. I wanted to chop them off.

whitesheep

I have some noname bucket black leather seats that didnt come witha place for buckles. So I drilled a hole in the rail and used steel cables to attach my buckles.

So its possible for a dd but for track I would definitely take these guys advice and buy a legitimate seat. You'll be happy with it.
thanks not tracking the car though, lol.

whitesheep

Dont buy a cheap seat. That is something you sit in and will protect you. Spend some money on a quality seat. Used Recaro SPGs go for like $300.

fixed back seats are to be used with a roll bar and harness. Reclinable seats are not.
you dont need a harness bar if you have a racing seat to use a harness. You just need a long one and anchor it to the back seat. FIA says this is acceptable, for some reason every racing category around the world says this is okay but the US. You should however use a cage with this. Also if you are using a 4 point use an ASM 4 point. If you dont, you will get internal damage in an accident.
I have no plans for roll cage atm, so ill just anchor them to the back area, should I cross the harness strap when I put them threw the head rest, I seen a couple people setup like this were they would run it thru the slots cross the harness straps over and then bolt them down

Aussie

Zoom-Zoom
thanks not tracking the car though, lol.
I would rather go weak on the safety at the track then on the street. Street is more dangerous than track anyway.

And if you're not going to track it why do you want harnesses? If there's not a place to mount the belt just have someone weld a plate to the floor and bolt the buckle to that. It will be just as safe as having it in it's original spot on the seat bracket.

Samurai_Blue

Yolo Whippin'
I have no plans for roll cage atm, so ill just anchor them to the back area, should I cross the harness strap when I put them threw the head rest, I seen a couple people setup like this were they would run it thru the slots cross the harness straps over and then bolt them down
Not to be mean, but if you're asking me that question you shouldnt be changing the safety of your car. And, not having a roll cage but a harness will kill you in a rollover FYI. I would seriously consider reading up on safety stuff on Track HQ or other sites. Because if you are mounting a harness 18" or more from the seat you need to cross them or you will damage your spine in an impact. Also not having an anti sub strap will potentially kill you in an impact.

I would rather go weak on the safety at the track then on the street. Street is more dangerous than track anyway.

And if you're not going to track it why do you want harnesses? If there's not a place to mount the belt just have someone weld a plate to the floor and bolt the buckle to that. It will be just as safe as having it in it's original spot on the seat bracket.
x2 I would do a 3pt belt with a recaro speed seat if i were you.

Nick_C78

Yeah man, putting in harnesses to look cool is just dumb. It will most definitely cause serious injury or even death. Get a DOT approved seat if you MUST upgrade your seats and use OEM belts. Can not stress that enough.

Accel.speed

basically, i like fast!
Yeah man, putting in harnesses to look cool is just dumb. It will most definitely cause serious injury or even death. Get a DOT approved seat if you MUST upgrade your seats and use OEM belts. Can not stress that enough.
I completely agree.
(talking to the op). I used a 4 point harness mounted to the rear seat bolts for about 6 months. One of the dumbest things I've done. Yeah I thought I looked cool and everything but it's not set up right unless you take everyones advice. I got tied of the harness and realized it wasn't safe. I now am back to my stock belts and couldn't be happier.

Also realize that when you sit in your car with a harness, you will sit on the buckle every time you get in it. It gets annoying really quickly on a dd.

Aussie

Zoom-Zoom
Also realize that when you sit in your car with a harness, you will sit on the buckle every time you get in it. It gets annoying really quickly on a dd.
Word, I hated dd'ing a harness. I would get lazy sometimes and only buckle 2 out of the four, so so stupid. I'm just glad no one ever hit me.