has anyone ever successfully installed an alarm system?

bcartwright88

I'm getting more worried about my investment everyday. I have quite a bit of money and time invested and wanting to put on alarm on, but dont have the funds to buy one and pay someone. If anyone has experience and has tips, or a write up please lemme know!

Last edited:

LSiNtegraDB7

I enjoy Integras.
I haven't personally, but I thought I remembered someone on here having a DIY...

I'll try and find it.

cborden

Jesus is THE way
im in the middle of it right now
google stealthcaralarminstall first link tells you what to get how to install it and how to install secret killswitches and more
good luck
ps the equipment is cheap bought off amazon

gooffeeman

Yup!! Not that hard to install...for a very basic install there is a couple wires you need to find under the dash! Ignition, ACC, Starter, and Ground ( or just ground it to the body ) most alarm system you can purchase at bestbuy or walmart basically has a proximity sensor...that basically its a "rough" motion detector, you can also purchase mercury swtiches from ebay or a local audio shop...you install that inside you doors when the doors open!! you can also purchase a sound detector which listens for glass breaking! and get a pizzio horn ( its pronounced PEE-ZEE-YO i dont remember how to spell it ) its a a very high pitched alram / horn that hurts your ears!!....personally if your not confident on what your doing have best buy do it or a local audio shop!!

suspendedHatch

Legalize Illegal Aliens
A basic alarm install on an Integra is pointless. A thief will go right through it without it ever making a chirp. This is the number #1 most stolen car many years running. The car lends itself easily to theft since you can reach under the bumper and pop the hood and you can force the door glass down and unlock the door. Also, hotwiring / breaking the steering lock is a 30 second proposition and the immobilizer found on the late models does no good.

There are many considerations that have to be made to make a car alarm effective. If you're wondering why I seem to know what I'm talking about you can click on my signature.

No reason to remove the dash btw since it doesn't open up any new areas that aren't accessible with it still on.

I'm pretty surprised and disappointed that people here still aren't familiar with the concept of a stealth install and haven't heard of Cause for Alarm. Did I mention that this is the #1 most stolen car?

Samurai_Blue

Yolo Whippin'
A basic alarm install on an Integra is pointless. A thief will go right through it without it ever making a chirp. This is the number #1 most stolen car many years running. The car lends itself easily to theft since you can reach under the bumper and pop the hood and you can force the door glass down and unlock the door. Also, hotwiring / breaking the steering lock is a 30 second proposition and the immobilizer found on the late models does no good.

There are many considerations that have to be made to make a car alarm effective. If you're wondering why I seem to know what I'm talking about you can click on my signature.

No reason to remove the dash btw since it doesn't open up any new areas that aren't accessible with it still on.

I'm pretty surprised and disappointed that people here still aren't familiar with the concept of a stealth install and haven't heard of Cause for Alarm. Did I mention that this is the #1 most stolen car?
:thumbs up i know cause for alarm and isnt the stealth alarm install (youre write up) just as effective if you hide it in the dash?

GOTBOOST?

Who needs all motor?
Just a warning, these kill switch alarm systems really are not that smart. It was just as easy for us to find these instructions as it is for these people who steal our cars. My father has a friend who is the chief of police in Washington, DC and if you heard the stories that he has to tell you would cry. I'm not in any way being a stuck up ass or anything I just hope everyone on this forum sees this. First NEVER do the main relay Killswitch because it is the easiest one to bypass not to mention if your killswitch fails or something should go wrong in your car you will never get it to start and the killswitch can actually cause more issues than what you have with people trying to steal it. Second thiefs in DC are actually members on the website!! A guy contacted a fake account (which was my dads friend who is an officer) and saw how he was looking to install an alarm and so he said hey we should meet up. He sent the thief his address and the next night the car was stolen. And just FYI the car had 4 things installed on it. Quick release with hub lock, main relay killswitch, fuel kills switch, and direct power kill switch. Each of them was located in different locations on the car and each of them were bypassed. It took the guy 5 minutes to bypass them. Thank god the police were smarter and had location GPS units installed in the seats and and under the spare tire and found the car within 30 minutes still in one piece. If only we should be so lucky.

The main thing i'm trying to say is if you want to do a "stealth alarm" it truley must be stealth and YOU must be the only one who knows how it works. doing what everyone else does but only moving the kill switch will do nothing. Thiefs are very smart. I would say do a little research and find a combination of different things people have done and try some easier installs before going big. The key is to truely understand what you are doing so if something goes wrong you are not shit up a creek and not knowing what to do. IF you have any other questions i'd be glad to answer.

bcartwright88

Well im doing it tomorrow morning. I have a few helpful links, thanks guys. Im hoping for the best and think I can do it. I have a buddy helping out.

suspendedHatch

Legalize Illegal Aliens
First NEVER do the main relay Killswitch because it is the easiest one to bypass not to mention if your killswitch fails or something should go wrong in your car you will never get it to start and the killswitch can actually cause more issues than what you have with people trying to steal it.
You're confusing this with something else. If you kill the fuel, then it's easy to tell that the fuel pump isn't priming and you just run power to the plug under the rear seat. It's a positive power wire with the same color as the power antenna. Very easy to blow a fuse or cut the wrong wire. If you kill the starter, it's extremely obvious and you just run power direct from the battery to the starter until it starts. Or push start it which is what they like to do anyway. It's a 10 gauge wire at the ignition harness so it's easy to find, easy to hotwire, and difficult to crimp. If you kill the ignition, very easy to tell it's the ignition and you just put a wire from the distributor plug to the battery. Again, it's a 10 gauge wire at the ignition harness. All of these are extremely common and thieves are prepared for them. You could kill the clutch switch or neutral safety switch which in turn kills the starter, but again, you could push start it (manual) or unplug the shifter lock out (auto). Also, very easy and convenient to bypass and difficult for you to hide your work. You could kill power to the ECU but that can go wrong easily and it's difficult to do it cleanly. AND THAT'S ALL THERE IS.

Killing the main relay is the most difficult to diagnose. It kills the Fuel Injectors, the Fuel Pump, the O2 sensor, the Alternator, and the Vehicle Speed Sensor. This leads the thief down a false path. How is it easy to bypass? It's the same as any other switch. But it's quite easy for you to move the main relay up high in the dash and hide the wiring. Low current circuit means you can use thin gauge wire, a small amp switch, and no relay. Getting to it takes a lot of time and tools for a thief even if he knows where it is. On the main relay, you're cutting a low current ground wire. No possibility of causing damage or blowing a fuse. If your wiring is crap or your switch goes bad, you can fix it without needing any new parts ie a new fuse. It's not going to fuse several wires together deep in your dash like either of the other kill circuits can. There is no way that a main relay kill switch can damage your car.

As far as a stealth install goes, if a thief reads my site, it doesn't mean that he can now instantly pull your car apart and find the alarm. Let's put it this way... if I lost my remote and had to steal my own car, it would be quite difficult. It would take me at least an hour. Another thing is that I have several places in the dash and several places inside the car where I do my stealth installs. Is the thief going to check every one?

Look more closely at what my definition of a stealth install is. There is no better way of doing it. If this doesn't do it, then no type of alarm( / kill switch / battery backup) combination will.

Viper 210, Compustar, or even Lojack are great if you have a car that warrants the expense. There is no getting around the high cost since these companies refuse to sell the product directly. You HAVE to pay someone to install it, and their install is inferior. Very predictable, very accessible. Do not get tracking w/out having an alarm.

And just FYI the car had 4 things installed on it. Quick release with hub lock, main relay killswitch, fuel kills switch, and direct power kill switch. Each of them was located in different locations on the car and each of them were bypassed. It took the guy 5 minutes to bypass them.
This just doesn't add up. I seriously doubt that any police dept would have a main relay kill switch. They absolutely would NOT have it in addition to a fuel kill switch. They didn't go to that extent for the show Bait Car. So what does that tell you?

What do you mean by "direct power kill switch"? Battery power? There is actually a good way to do that which I guarantee you they didn't do. But it still isn't as good as a main relay kill switch.

Quick release is pointless. All Honda steering wheels are interchangeable. Worse comes to worse you can drive it with vice grips. I've seen it.

There just is no way to bypass those four things you mentioned in 5 minutes. Thieves are not magicians. Even with foreknowledge, it can't be done in 5 minutes. If you care to provide some documentation or direct contact info for the officer that would be great.

Last edited:

bored at work

You're confusing this with something else. If you kill the fuel, then it's easy to tell that the fuel pump isn't priming and you just run power to the plug under the rear seat. It's a positive power wire with the same color as the power antenna. Very easy to blow a fuse or cut the wrong wire. If you kill the starter, it's extremely obvious and you just run power direct from the battery to the starter until it starts. Or push start it which is what they like to do anyway. It's a 10 gauge wire at the ignition harness so it's easy to find, easy to hotwire, and difficult to crimp. If you kill the ignition, very easy to tell it's the ignition and you just put a wire from the distributor plug to the battery. Again, it's a 10 gauge wire at the ignition harness. All of these are extremely common and thieves are prepared for them. You could kill the clutch switch or neutral safety switch which in turn kills the starter, but again, you could push start it (manual) or unplug the shifter lock out (auto). Also, very easy and convenient to bypass and difficult for you to hide your work. You could kill power to the ECU but that can go wrong easily and it's difficult to do it cleanly. AND THAT'S ALL THERE IS.

Killing the main relay is the most difficult to diagnose. It kills the Fuel Injectors, the Fuel Pump, the O2 sensor, the Alternator, and the Vehicle Speed Sensor. This leads the thief down a false path. How is it easy to bypass? It's the same as any other switch. But it's quite easy for you to move the main relay up high in the dash and hide the wiring. Low current circuit means you can use thin gauge wire, a small amp switch, and no relay. Getting to it takes a lot of time and tools for a thief even if he knows where it is. On the main relay, you're cutting a low current ground wire. No possibility of causing damage or blowing a fuse. If your wiring is crap or your switch goes bad, you can fix it without needing any new parts ie a new fuse. It's not going to fuse several wires together deep in your dash like either of the other kill circuits can. There is no way that a main relay kill switch can damage your car.

As far as a stealth install goes, if a thief reads my site, it doesn't mean that he can now instantly pull your car apart and find the alarm. Let's put it this way... if I lost my remote and had to steal my own car, it would be quite difficult. It would take me at least an hour. Another thing is that I have several places in the dash and several places inside the car where I do my stealth installs. Is the thief going to check every one?

Look more closely at what my definition of a stealth install is. There is no better way of doing it. If this doesn't do it, then no type of alarm( / kill switch / battery backup) combination will.

Viper 210, Compustar, or even Lojack are great if you have a car that warrants the expense. There is no getting around the high cost since these companies refuse to sell the product directly. You HAVE to pay someone to install it, and their install is inferior. Very predictable, very accessible. Do not get tracking w/out having an alarm.

This just doesn't add up. I seriously doubt that any police dept would have a main relay kill switch. They absolutely would NOT have it in addition to a fuel kill switch. They didn't go to that extent for the show Bait Car. So what does that tell you?

What do you mean by "direct power kill switch"? Battery power? There is actually a good way to do that which I guarantee you they didn't do. But it still isn't as good as a main relay kill switch.

Quick release is pointless. All Honda steering wheels are interchangeable. Worse comes to worse you can drive it with vice grips. I've seen it.

There just is no way to bypass those four things you mentioned in 5 minutes. Thieves are not magicians. Even with foreknowledge, it can't be done in 5 minutes. If you care to provide some documentation or direct contact info for the officer that would be great.
amen!

suspendedHatch

Legalize Illegal Aliens
I've put so many alarm systems in Type R's you wouldn't believe that many Type R's existed.

Now it's been over 2 years since I've even seen a Type R in person.