hatch button doesn't work?

99integie

ok so there is a hatch switch near the door handle, i switch it and open the hatch, the hatch will not open unless i use the key.. is it broken? common problem? i hate the fact that i have to turn off my car and run to the back and open the hatch with the keys then run back to the car to turn it on to see my subs bump...

99integie

when i move the switch i can hear the lock move in the trunk.. gota take anotherl ook at it later

99integie

ok i just took a look at it.

you could definetly hear the switch when unlockin/locking the rear hatch..

the only way i can open the trunk is if i use the key, ill have to turn the key and hold it and move the switch and it will open.. but shouldnt it be like if u turn the key once let go of the key and move the switch then unlock the hatch? instead of just holding the key and opening the trunk... pain in the ass why would acura make it such a pain in the ass to open the trunk unless my trunk hatch is broken

jdmjim

nothing from nowhere
somethings binding up in the latck, spray some wd-40 in it and pull the lever a few times.

dc2b18

Wait... What?
the problem must be in your lever if the key works. Try looking the handle over real good and see what isn't working

IntegraGstypeR

mine does the same kind of. went i move the latch left to open the trunk it doesnt open. but when i use my key to unlock it then it opens. My car is also keyless entry so the trunk is wired to that also. sometimes when i unlock the car with the alarm it will unlock the trunk then sometimes it doesnt?...weird...