Hatch release problems

tucents

My hatch wont release, the cable and such are working but it wont "pop" up and i cant seem to figure out the reason please help!

PS. I meant that when I pull the hatch release from inside the car ^

Last edited:

emd513

Crawl to the back with a screw driver move the latch and see if it pops then with out pressure on the hatch of not then push on it while doing it if that works then the lifts are bad. If it pops with out pressure your not connected to the latch with your cable

tucents

Im not really understanding what you are trying to say, could you or someone else possibly clarify please

DC Guardian

Uniqueness defines
I think I'm having the same problem

I was rear ended last summer, wasnt too major, twisted metal rear bumper, broken bumper clips, and apparently something with the hood locking system. When i pull the lever inside the car, the "hatch open" light comes on and i can *feel* a click in the lever, as if its unlocked. When the lever goes back down though, i feel the same click in the same position as if its locked and the light turns off. No matter how many times i play with the lever, it does the same thing and will always lock when i put it down. Sometimes i prop up the lever and run to the back (without slamming my door -.-) and lift the hatch. My other option is to put the key in the back and turn it fully clockwise, hold it there, and lift it simontously while in that position, kinda hard with bags in one hand and the key in the other, my pick-thumb range is barley long/strong enough. I dont think the cable is snapped/broken, as it locks/unlocks. But is there some pin in the mechanism thats ehh? is the whole locking thing in the rear replacable (besides the key insert)? I see people say deal with it. No i'm not going to deal with it by ignoring it. help is appreciated :)