Hatch stuck

ZekeTeg

I can stick my key in the hatch and turn it, but when I pull up on the hatch it will not open. Turn the key left and right and it just unlocks and locks my front two doors (coupe). Even tried to open it from the inside by pulling the two seats down and no luck.

What can I do to fix this issue? Watch is the switch that is where you stick your fingers by the keyhole?

Danny_DC4

I also have this problem with my Integra and after some research I learned this happens to a lot of them. All you have to do is turn your key to the right further than you would to unlock it and the hatch should pop right open. So to clarify, put your key in the trunks keyhole, then turn your key to the right as if your unlocking it and after you hear the first click as if its unlocked, turn it to the right a little more and the hatch should pop right open without ever touching the finger switch. Hope this helped and let us know the results.:)

Ps: Sorry about making something so simple, so complicated, its just ive been in that position where the littlest things throw me off haha

Merlins Beard

*Beard not included
Since the 94-97 latches do not lock/unlock the doors, I assume you have a 98-01.
To open the hatch you will have to turn and hold the key in the unlock position and slide the lever to the left before returning the key to the normal position. The lever is located between the tail lights in the indent where the hatch can be lifted, closer to the side with the keyhole. The cause of this problem is believed to be a plastic gear inside the latch assembly which will break preventing the latch from unlocking correctly.

ZekeTeg

Yeah, it's a 2000 model. I've tried all of those suggestions and it still will not open.