Having some electrical issues...

lowazzteg

3rd Super Mario Bro
My alternator went out in February and I replaced it in late March (don't judge me, just very lazy and had my DD... plus it was way to cold!!!). I then replaced my battery about a month later... Maybe a little sooner...

So a few days ago I was driving home from work and my radio would turn off every time I pressed my brake. I got home and figured out that all my lights were dim and had almost know battery power. I charged the battery and started it the next morning and let it run for a little. I just drove it again yesterday to the grocery store having the same problems with dim lights. I came out of the store and my car wouldn't even turn. I got frustrated and left it there. I'm going to go push start it tonight to get it home.

Do you guys think the battery is bad or do you think it could be a problem with my alternator? I'm going to test both as soon as I can.

built_ls

it should be whatever you replace/added last to your car. got to the battery place that you got it from. they should be able to check if that is your problem. if it is then its a easy fix and they should even be able to replace/exchange it free of charge.

but if thats not your problem then you can start looking at other stuff. but taking it back to the battery shop is your best bet in my opinion

LittleB10

try checking your power and ground wires from battery and alternator. i had a 90 mercury capri and had issues like that. two new alternators, two new batteries but it would never hold charge. wires looked ok but finally found out they were junk and needed replaced. after that she was golden. good luck man!

emd513

Had a Guy come in to autozone last week with the same problem and had just bought a batt 2 days before from oreilys and it was bad and caused those same symptoms. Take the batt out to auto zone have them charge and test its free put it back in your car and have them test the alternator. Its also free. Most of the time those 2 things are the only things that are wrong. Also check the connection to your alt. I was messing under my hood starting a wire tuck on my accord and unplugged mine and didn't know it till later that night after I went to town.

g6qwerty

I Had the same problem. The radio would turn off when I Stepped on the brakes and eventually the radio stopped coming on till I had the key turn back away from the on position. It turned out that the problem was that the ignition switch was bad. One of the electrical contacts inside of the ignition switch had been eaten away.