Hb420's 90 DA Build Thread

hb420

So this is my first build thread, i've owned 17 hondas and acuras combined did little things to them but never really built a car. So at the age of 29 this will probaly be the last older acura i put any money into. Enough of the talking and on to some pics. =)

When i first got the teg. sorry for the shitty pic.

Interior shot ater i cleaned it up and put in a armrest

After that i took off the three lowering springs and one coilover and installed some ground control coilovers, got rid of the carbon fiber hood and put on some jmags i had laying around. And i also put a 94 accord front lip on and some fogs. And some one pieces.

So after driving like that for a couple of weeks i got a 92 front bumper and got it and the white hood paint matched, dc sides and a set of bbs wheels.

After that i wanted to change up the interior so i got some recaro seats, prelude wheel and a double din touchscreen dvd player. Theis is how the interior looks now but i have some more things i'm doing to it.

Drove like that for a little and picked up another set of wheels and sold the dc sides =(

About three months ago i got another set of dc sides and put on a 93 prelude front lip and took off the bbs wheels for the winter.

Browsing through craigslist i found some 15 inch bbs wheels for $75 so i picked them up to refinish. I have bbs stickers for them

Fast forward to last week. I picked up a b16 head with computer and arp headstuds.

That's all for now but more to follow. I will be updating as stuff gets bought and things done and in between. Hope you enjoy :wave:

I took a few pics only because i kept on forgetting to take them during the progress.

Last edited:

hb420

Raised the car up a little and put some wheels on

I wanted to post when i was farther into it but i started stripping the paint off of the other bbs wheels i have. I might have these refinished by the end of the weekend.

Not much of a update but i picked up a 89 integra front lip this morning from the junkyard and installed it. Now i have to take it and the sideskirts off and repaint them.

I was bored last night so i decided to strip and paint my valve cover.

Before

During

No after pic yet because i can't decide on a color :p

Probally gonna change the color of this to

And the reason for the lack of updates. This is the second bay of my garage :scared:

hb420

A little update

Sanded the dc sides to repaint them

Bored so i took some pics

I'm about to have a brake party. :p Todays gonna be fun

So i got three out of for corners done and on the last one i fun into a tiny problem. The [freak]ing caliper bracket has a different thread pattern and the oem bolt won't work. No problem i can go to sears hardware and get another bolt, so i go there and they are closed. :hammer: So i have to wait until tommorrow to finish. I took a couple of pics but my hands were dirty i didn't get that many. I'll take more when it's done.

dirty brake fluid :scared:

Painting the calipers and brackets. I might redo it with a different color after it gets repainted.

Seized caliper

bye. Back to the store you go for my core charge :p

New and old. I painted the other calipers and brackets to if anyone was going to ask.

That's it for now. More pics when it's done tommorrow.

I forgot to take more pics but this should give you an idea of what the rest looks like. Right now i'm waiting for my friend to come over and help me bleed my brakes and i'll be on the road again. Next on the things to do list is bushings and and reinstalling air conditioning and paint in may

There's a jackstand in the rear to.

:thumbdown:

Taking out the interior to steam clean the carpets and recover the door panel and rear panel inserts with new fabric. Hopefully the fabric i ordered comes in tommorrow.

Picked up some dynamat

And stopped by the local acura dealer

hb420

Pulling my stereo and rear panels out to refinish the inserts

Everything in the rear out to clean up and cover the floor with black trunk carpet. Pics when it's done after i get the carpet later today :p

Pulled the dash apart to clean shit up replace the glove box for one that works and replace the guage panel

Pulled the door panels off to recover the inserts with new material. I'm picking up the material when i wake up

It's 6 in the morning i'm done. More progress and picks when i wake up

I covered the rear pieces, arm rest and one of the door panels. I have to finish the other door panel clean everything up and put it back together. I have a couple to post up until it's done.

old

new

old and new

Armrest

What my garage looks like because of all this shit i'm doing.

hb420

Pic of the completed door panel cleaned up and ready to put back on

Some more pics until the glue finishes drying on the last door and then it goes back together.

Back panel

Hatch area that i covered in black carpet. Isn't the best looking but it hardly gets noticed anyway.

Got most of it back together. Still gotta put my stereo back in and do a little cleaning

So i decided tonight would be a good night to start pulling my wheels apart to sandblast them and refinish them. Still undecided on a color.

What they look like now.

80 nuts and bolts are no fun to take apart. :eek:

hb420

I'm going to harbor freight to get a sandblaster tommorrow to blast these

A little dirty

Put the bbs wheels back on

Before sanding

primer

Hopefully i'll have paint on these tonight =)

Back of the wheels

Off to find a color :wave:

6th and final coat. Just have to clear them and let them cure for a day or two and hopefully by that time my centercaps should be here and then i'll put them back together. Pic sucks they are actually darker.

hb420

Let the paint dry on the fronts overnight and put four coats on the rears and tommorrow i will clear them. And put them back together on wed. And then my next project will be to polish the rings and repaint some centercaps for my bbs wheels that are getting done.

Only pic i have with the wheels on because the rear is on jackstands until my brake issue is resolved. On a good note i fixed the rear driverside so i only have to figure out the passenger rear. Right now it touches a tiny bit when the rotor turns. My money order got lost in the mail so i didn't get my centercaps yet :crook:

Couple of pics. I'll take some better ones when it's washed

Switching my sub box to a smaller one and redoing my hatch area

hb420

Not much of an update but my centercaps came in the mail today =)

Yay more work :crook:

picked this up today. Gonna be ordering more stuff soon, and more pics coming up

Took a pic

Switched wheels a couple of days ago but took them off because i didn't feel like adjusting my suspension. 195-50's makes me hit my crossmember and tow hooks at this height on shitty roads. :p

This is up to the point my car is at now so as i buy and do other things it will be updated