Head choice for a B20?

blankenboat

I want vtec heads on the b20 that I have in my teg, I was told to put the b18 heads on? will this work? Is there a better head that I can put on? What else will I need to change if I put a new head on? Thanks for the help!

I want vtec heads on the b20 that I have in my teg, I was told to put the b18 heads on? will this work? Is there a better head that I can put on? What else will I need to change if I put a new head on? Thanks for the help!
Well you only need one head. If you want to do B20Vtec you can go with any B series Vtec head.
Any B16, B17, B18C1-7 head will work.

blankenboat

Thanks...still learning about this stuff....when I get the new head, will I need to replace any thing else?

lor_db8

it's not worth going b20vtec.. it won't last long just like lsvtec.. i recommend just going with something legit and boost it... that's what all my buddy and experienced motor swapper tells me.. although yet b20vtec is strong but it will never run right because vtec is never meant for the block just like lsvtec... so your better off doing something else and not have a rod busting and creating a hold in ur block...

blankenboat

The b20 that is in there is ticking alot! It gets more frequent with higher rpms, I was told this could be valves? I was also told when I bought the car that It was sleeved and had forged internals, should I boost it? how much am I looking at to boost it?