Head Gasket Help

reighn3

Reighn3
so i think that my car may have a blown head gasket there is a milky white residue in the oil cap there is also some oil in the water. the guy i got the car from said that the head gasket was just done not too long ago but haas no proof it is leaking quite a bit of oil by the bottom of the head now im thinking that maybe the guy who did the head gasket didnt tighten down the head studs correctly? or the gasket wasnt sealed properly or maybe he didnt even flush the coolant when he did it and there is still some oil in the water from before it my buddy looked at it and said that it doesnt look like a stock head gasket he said it looks new the head looks a lot cleaner than the rest of the motor too. it a 92 gsr with a B17A1 that has 236,000 miles so it got a lot. i have no money or knowledge to do the job myself. i was looking at a product called k seal it is supposed to fix anything from a leaky radiator to a blown head gasket to a cracked block. dont know anyone who has used it though i just dont know what to do any help would be greatly appriciated thanks guys oh and happy new year!!! oh and i forgot to mention that the car does not overheat.

Last edited:

emd513

if i remember it is the stuff in an orange can. yes any of that stuff will work for it as long as it is just a little crack or a baby crack in the gasket. when u do it u need to make sure that you follow the instructions word for word and you want be able to drive your car for at least 12 hours after you complete it. would be better if you let it sit for 24. i used the same stuff and was having a similar problem, mine wasnt showing up on my oil cap but was in the coolant.i used that product and it worked great for about three to four months. then i ended up having to put a new gasket on anyways. start saving though you will need to replace that gasket and have the head shaved to true it up.

jdmjim

nothing from nowhere
is it using coolant? do a radiator flush and change the oil and clean out the cap and see if it comes back. if it does ,something is still leaking, the head could be cracked,but it will usually overheat.

reighn3

Reighn3
Nope it does not use any coolant I will do that when I can it sucks because I just had my appendix removed so I'm out of work for a couple weeks no work equals no cash so it will be a while til I can do any thing to it.

Tam4511

CI BOOST FIEND
if your not losing coolant then there's just oil in your coolant, probably from before the previous owner changed the HG, just do a coolant flush like Jim said and you'll be good.