head gasket leaking please help

BlackDC2

VTEC MANIAC!
you guys talking crazy, how come is that only little cleanup and just putting everything together sorts everything out for ya's... ?? How long engine runs after that w/o any leaks with DD driving and weekend cruising and random speed pursuits with your friends?

BlackDC2

VTEC MANIAC!
Yep... Don't need to go all crazy.. Just need to get the surfaces clean and make sure they are true..
but I guess u will see it all only when u take your engine block apart from head so you can see the damage right?

Im so get used to all this head gasket change that head surface and block surfaces has to be resurfaced for professional job to be done... Am I wrong here???

jason.az1

I'm lost!
I think the hardest thing for me when I change the head gasket
in my ek hatch was getting the timing dead on since I refused to pull off
all the oem plastic by the timing belt lmao but everything else was pretty
simple it was like legos hahaha

BlackDC2

VTEC MANIAC!
Ok lads, how can you measure the cylinder block for warpage, and other levels if it needs or if it doesnt need resurfacing/skimming to be sure???

You HAVE TO USE A STRAIT EDGE....

Don't use a level or anything else that looks "level" you need to use a TRUE STRAIT EDGE...

BTW when u deck the block or resurface the head you normally will bump the compression unless u use a thicker gasket to take up the space... You ONLY want to deck the block or resurface the head if u need to or if u are looking to change your compression..

Gods_warrior

where to find

where to find a true straight edge guys...can that be as simple as brand new framing ruler, or something more special. thx. any special tool for putting a head gasket on, do u need fancy torque wrench or the basic one work? thx again