Head gasket ?

92GSRbholtz

What mm is a 1 ply head gasket or can some one share a link i cant seem to find one and does anyone know if cometic makes a 1 ply headgasket

DaddyBuiltRacing

Resident Asshole
Don't use a cometic headgasket, they are shitty and known to leak from the corners. My cometic lasted all of 300 miles. Do a google search on Cometic Headgasket Failure

92GSRbholtz

@ guy from nerk... What would u reccomend i have all motor setup just tryin to bump up the compression a little with a 1 ply headgasket

jbrown97ls

Sorry to thread jack OP, but what would you reccomend for a boosted gsr with around 350whp, Josh? ( I believe that's your name, correct me if I'm wrong)

thenoxus1

Quick-Spool Racing LLC
His name is josh. Go with oem. I trust oem at high levels of power. As for op. either mill the head or get a better piston

DaddyBuiltRacing

Resident Asshole
Yeah I would go with OEM, I had to go through Golden Eagle since I have 84mm sleeves, but they just use OEM gaskets and bore them out. I agree that if you're wanting to raise compression I would either mill the head or get high compression pistons.

92GSRbholtz

can u tell me why i dont want a thinner head gasket? and will it rasie the compression if so can you point me in the direction who makes a dependable thiner headgasket... had has been milled dont have the funds yet to do shortblock... head is beefed up as much as it can be

DaddyBuiltRacing

Resident Asshole
You will see no real significant gains by running a thinner headgasket. You might gain .2-.3 in compression, that is not a whole lot...why are you trying to raise your compression?

92GSRbholtz

well the headgaskets is leaking now and i just figured hell why not get a thinner head gasket to raise it a lil and see what comes from it

DaddyBuiltRacing

Resident Asshole
I gotcha, I just worry when people start talking about raising the compression because usually they fail to realize the car will need tuned and will have to run higher octane gas to avoid detonation. Also make sure you replace the headbolts unless you have ARP's already (those can be reused).

As for your headgasket choices I am not sure who sells thinner gaskets besides Cometic. I just run the stock gaskets and call it a day, like I said you wont see any noticeable difference by running the thinner one in my opinion.

hgocasca

level 77 troll
Oem or bust. It's not worth the gains (minimal at best) to take that risk, I'd do like others are saying, just go oem. I understand it's one of those "might as well" things since they aren't much more expensive. But in reality you "might as well" go oem for reliability. hope this helps