Header+Cat-back=LOSS HP

fernando_dc2

I <3 my Honda
i just got my header and straight exhaust done today and feel my car SLOWER wtf!!!?? im surprised i was expecting GAINS not loss!!!! can someone explain what i did wrong?? im thinking of disconnectin negative terminal to reset ecu and see if my motor adjustes to setup...... any help is welcome

eiznekeM

You may have lost some back pressure? I don't know if that would be where your problem lies. Anything else you've done to it?

Samurai_Blue

Yolo Whippin'
Your O2 will be active, no need to reset your maps.
What size header/what type of header/what size exhaust and what kind

Samurai_Blue

Yolo Whippin'
you didnt lose power you lost torque due to the backpressure decrease from a cat delete. also you are losing low end power and gaining high end power as well as running lean

Alvi84

I'd let a dyno tell you if you have lost horsepower. I know you say it feels slower but you won't really know until you can get some real numbers to crunch. With what you've added you shouldn't have lost any horsepower from my experience. Correct to go with a 4-2-1 header and good piping size on the exhaust.

fernando_dc2

I <3 my Honda
you didnt lose power you lost torque due to the backpressure decrease from a cat delete. also you are losing low end power and gaining high end power as well as running lean
fml thats what i was scared of...losing torque...integras got 100lbs of torque and making it lower wont help :(

Samurai_Blue

Yolo Whippin'
fml thats what i was scared of...losing torque...integras got 100lbs of torque and making it lower wont help :(
my bad let me rephrase, you moved the torque up higher.from experience ill only use a test pipe at a track because of the higher torque band, but cat on the street because i need torque

natron84

my bad let me rephrase, you moved the torque up higher.from experience ill only use a test pipe at a track because of the higher torque band, but cat on the street because i need torque
X2 your car wont be as fast in low rpm, but the gains in the high rpm will more than make up for it.

SexySSBP

Kwicherbichen
One other strange thing I have noticed and you touched on it. Your car is louder, and hence is making more noise at a slower speed. Throws off the calibration of your butt dyno :) I'm being funny, but I'm very serious at the same time. Your brain may be playing tricks on you.

EDIT: I have to say though, this doesn't negate what Dylan said, which is still very true. It just could be a combo of the 2.

Last edited:

fernando_dc2

I <3 my Honda
One other strange thing I have noticed and you touched on it. Your car is louder, and hence is making more noise at a slower speed. Throws off the calibration of your butt dyno :) I'm being funny, but I'm very serious at the same time. Your brain may be playing tricks on you.

EDIT: I have to say though, this doesn't negate what Dylan said, which is still very true. It just could be a combo of the 2.
your right... i noticed the loudness does really let me focus on my mph cause its distracting....but sounds good