header choice

MrDB1integra

honda greaser
Hey guys I did a lot of research and everyone seems to have something bad about every brand header out there. I was looking at a itr replica header, dc sport 4-2-1 2 peice ss, and a ss megan racing. Which would you guys recrommend?

Kinta94

I say get a REAL ITR header or just go with the dc sports They have pretty good welds I have owned a few, no replica ebay stuff the welds are awful lets just say you get what you pay for. I would just get the real ITR header

XslickwhitetegX

UKDM EXPERT
have you had a chance to read the header review thread yet? I would only get a dc sport if it was the stainless model, would stay away from megan (cheaply made) if your going to look into buying itr replica,might as well by the real itr header. if your money is tight, look into greedy, used for around $150.

1sloDC2

have you had a chance to read the header review thread yet? I would only get a dc sport if it was the stainless model, would stay away from megan (cheaply made) if your going to look into buying itr replica,might as well by the real itr header. if your money is tight, look into greedy, used for around $150.

what's wrong with the ceramic coated ones? I've never had any issues with them

evilminion88

I ate the bones
Well first you need to know what your shooting for. 4-2-1 header designs are good for mid range power/ torque, while 4-1 headers are ideal for high end RPM power. 4-2-1 headers have a better ground clearance, making it more ideal for daily driving. 2 piece 4-2-1 headers roughly weigh 1-2lbs heavier than than single piece 4-2-1 or 4-1 headers, but are easier to install without having to take out the traction bar, or radiator. You do get what you pay for, but some issues of high end headers from companies like Bisimoto, (and even one I've heard from a Hytech header) have had the welds crack, and one of my friends ebay headers I ceramic coated myself are still running strong (then again he dosn't dog on his motor so maybe thats why lol). So just do your research. Personally I would go with DC Sports, they have been around since the beginning and are best bang for the buck. Give them a call first, they will help you match up the best header for your motor/vehicle set up. Don't go for replica or ebay headers. Sure it cost a little more coin, so just save up

bradster101

ive had my megan header for about a year now with no issues... 120 bucks

only thing thats wrong with it is the big flat spot on the bottom from me bottoming out on a dip