Header Flange and Test Pipe Connection?

LSiNtegraDB7

I enjoy Integras.
Ran into a slight issue. I currently have a 4-2-1 header that connects to my stock cat then my BC exhaust.

I'm about to swap in a 2.5" 4-1 header, a Blox 2.5" adjustable test pipe, and I got a 2.5" CRV donut gasket for the collector. The donut ended up being slightly too big so I trimmed down the inside a little so it fit. When I go to put the two together though it just doesn't seem right. Excuse my noobness but I do believe they are supposed to come closer together right? Seems like the test pipe just is a little small.

mjones73

Just an idea, you may want to take the test pipe to your local parts store and see if you can find one that fits better.

LSiNtegraDB7

I enjoy Integras.
Also, anyone ever have any trouble with the adjustable blox test pipes? Feels like the one pipe with the 3 hole flange just slips too loose. I feel like from enough vibration it would come off lol...

endo617

Rattle Can Technician
good luck with those headers, they look very familiar, and the test pipe and headers look like they do need to be slightly closer, did you try installing the spring bolts yet?

LSiNtegraDB7

I enjoy Integras.
Honestly I think I'm just not going to use the new header. I only wanted a 4-1 for the rumble sound but my 4-2-1 will give me better gains, not to mention I don't have to take it off lol. Plus the 4-1 is ebay and I was surprised at how flimsy and cheap it really feels. My current one is from Dave at Spooled Up Racing.

I went out and bought an oem sized donut gasket, and I plan on using it with the Blox test pipe and my 4-2-1. Not as cool of a sound but oh well.