Header Help

iRockRetros23

Recently bought an exhaust and it came with headers but headers dont fit, the bottom of the header hits the oil pan and doesnt even go into the spot its supposed to, doesnt bolt on all the way because of that? idk if its the headers or the car. the pictures before i took the old headers off obviously, but on the bottom right of the radiator support you can see it was hit, would that have any effect? ill be replacing the radiator support in a few weeks anyways but just curious, also got brand new fenders and front bumper for it :thumbs up the second pic you can slightly see where it doesnt connect fully and on the last one you can see it hittin the oil pan and the gap where it doesnt connect :cry: any theories

mirrorimg

If it doesnt fit, it wasnt meant for your motor. It may be a B16 header, which could have a less-deep oil pan (though I dont know). The header looks like a generic brand, so that could also be the problem.

All of the B series share the same exhaust manifold/header flange. The differences are in the length of the runners to the bottom of the motor, and the length to the cat.

iRockRetros23

the header is a generic brand as is the exhaust for now, when i bought the parts i had intentions of it being my daily driver so i just wanted to fix what was necesssary at the time, but ive recently decided to make it a project, and i dont have any up close pics of it before where youd be able to see anything. the guy before me got to into an accident with it which is why the rad support is bent, that wouldnt be the reason it didnt line up would it, maybe in bent the frame? which i hope isnt the case but you never know

mirrorimg

the header is a generic brand as is the exhaust for now, when i bought the parts i had intentions of it being my daily driver so i just wanted to fix what was necesssary at the time, but ive recently decided to make it a project, and i dont have any up close pics of it before where youd be able to see anything. the guy before me got to into an accident with it which is why the rad support is bent, that wouldnt be the reason it didnt line up would it, maybe in bent the frame? which i hope isnt the case but you never know
If the frame was bent, that wouldnt have any effect on the header hitting the oil pan when it turns towards the back of the car.

Thats a fixed distance, and that result would be the same if you had the motor out of the car on an engine stand.