Header or Muffler Upgrade

Badass

Did some work on my car a while back. removed the headers for work on sensors and cleaning up some oil leaks/caked on oil behind them. Ran the car without headers and fell in love with the sound of just straight engine. Although I'm sure my neighbors had other comments.

Been thinking about doing some exhaust upgrades to get closer to that rougher "less silenced" sound. (NOT riced out supped-up sound). Was wonder what would be the best to go with..

Headers or a muffler first. My car now is all stock besides a replaced hi-flow cat and custom air intake. I've asked around and some say muffler is easier and cheaper and will produce more result (loudness) than replacing just headers on a stock muffler.

But then some say, which makes more since to me.. your noise comes from the engine anyways (especially with custom air intakes), so head it out regardless of whats hanging off the bumper...

So, what gets replaced first?

96GSRteg

Tyler
dear lord, you ran your car WITHOUT your header? thats a horrible idea, please dont ever do that. get a full cat-back like the apexi ws2 (available in the CI part store). and you only have one header, not headerS.

Ganyon

Just get a cat back. It'll be the most bang for your buck and louder. Even with an aftermarket header, the stock exhaust is still gonna muffle the sound out.

thenoxus1

Quick-Spool Racing LLC
Header into test pipe into straight piped exhaust system like an n1 or hi power. Custom piping into magnaflow also works

Badass

I meant ran as in started it 2 or 3 times. Not drove. lol

Now just piking out a brand, I've been looking at apexi's but they just seem a bit over priced. Hate to put a muffler on with stock pipe to cat.. and for the same price I'd just go HKS.

Never been a fan of flowmaster.

I'd LOVE to go full Skunk but I'm trying to keep this mod under the price I paied for the whole car haha.

Anyways theres a few I keep hearing about : borla, bosal, and 2 cheaper names im guessing: weaponR and megan.

And, thanks for mentioning the n1's, makes me thing about the nrg's too. My cousins old prelude had an n1 i believe, louder than the radio would go.