Header Question !

TEGGY_MANYE

So I am planning on buying 4 to 1 dc header. So my question is should I buy an exhaust at the same time as the headers. Because I am not sure if its ok for my engine to just replace my stock headers with the new dc ones. Or would it be pointless to install it with stock exhaust system. Thanks:)

blaketeg

I <3 Boost
IMO, i would wait and put it all on together at the same time rather than going through the trouble to install the header onto the stock exhaust and having to retake it all off to put the aftermarket on. Exhaust upgrades have very little power gains anyways so its doubtful you would feel a difference with just header on there.

TEGGY_MANYE

Well I heard that instead of boosting a b18b1. I could just add bolt on like intake, headers, exhaust, etc. So thats why i want to get the most out of my engine. So ima just wait and get the custom exhaust and the headers. Thanks guys

jcrabb13

Registered Abuser
This thread has tons of fail in it.

will it help? technically, minimal at best.

You will not have to take it off to install your exhaust.

I/H/E will not equate to boost.

OGstackadoIIa

TEAM LlGHTSPEED RACING
Well I heard that instead of boosting a b18b1. I could just add bolt on like intake, headers, exhaust, etc. So thats why i want to get the most out of my engine. So ima just wait and get the custom exhaust and the headers. Thanks guys
Good decision. I have another header for sale, brand new, and I have the gasket for sale as well :thumbs up

I'm in Vacaville, btw

redridder4

you can bolt the header up with stock exhaust and your motor will be perfectly fine. if any results it will sound a little different but thats it. but even with all the bolt ons its still not going to add up to the powere of boosting it or any type of forced induction

Alvi84

I would suggest a 4-2-1 Header for a stock B18B1 to get the maximum gain from your low end. A 4-1 header is for top end and if you aren't going to heavily mod, the 4-2-1 header would be better IMO.