Headers/Cat/Catback questions

JayVee

2Dr Banger
Just wanted some quick questions answered before i start putting money into my current list to do .

Im going this route , dc header > yonaka cat > yonaka catback .

1. http://www.dcsports.com/mobile_4-1header1/AHC6606_Acura.html <--- doesnt list inlet size .

2. 4-1 vs 4-2-1 applications , i know 4-1 has higher top gain and the other is mid range . Which would go for ? Im leaning on 4-2-1 since im not racing or nothin .

3. Yonaka cat choosing for price , anybody got feedback on it or words of advise on other highflow cats ?

4. Yonaka catback again inlet size .

appreciate the help still browsing for answers online but would dig the help from members thanks .

Sent from my Integra.

Last edited:

cvcrcr99

If the DC header is CARB approved, I would assume it will neck down to fit the stock cat. I would tell you to go with a different manifold if you ask me.

No personal experiences Yonaka. IMO, I would suggest saving up for something better/higher quality unless the exhaust you have is falling off the car and this is all you can afford. You get what you pay for.

Swerve

Shawn
Dc header fits to stock cat, 4 2 1 is your best best for dailying, especially if you're lowered, MagnaFlow makes nice high flow cats and they're obviously a reputable brand. yonaka is not a very high quality catback

Murphy

Meat Master
The yonaka cat is not a bolt on. I have a Megan header and a yonaka cat back bolted onto the stock cat. I only replaced my exhaust because my old system rusted in half. I just sprayed flame proof clear coat on all the welds to prevent them from rusting.

If I was to do it again I would do Yonaka header and the 2.5" cat and get a custom manaflow exhaust welded together at a muffler shop.

JayVee

2Dr Banger
If the DC header is CARB approved, I would assume it will neck down to fit the stock cat. I would tell you to go with a different manifold if you ask me.
Okay thanks , stock diameter is what 2" ?

Yonaka resonators crack. I wouldnt.
Okay thanks for that .

Dc header fits to stock cat, 4 2 1 is your best best for dailying, especially if you're lowered, MagnaFlow makes nice high flow cats and they're obviously a reputable brand. yonaka is not a very high quality catback
Thanks man yeah i just dont really see a need for high end hp since its just a dd . Ill check out magnaflow thanks again . Oh and im just not ballin enough for an apexi ws2 catback . Love the sounds they make .

Have had my yonaka catback since it first came out. No problems at all and I still love it.
Thanks for the feedback !

The yonaka cat is not a bolt on. I have a Megan header and a yonaka cat back bolted onto the stock cat. I only replaced my exhaust because my old system rusted in half. I just sprayed flame proof clear coat on all the welds to prevent them from rusting.
Thanks , yeah i just want optimal breathing and since they crack now I'll look into more brand worthy ones .

Sent from my Integra.

JayVee

2Dr Banger
Didnt wanna start up a new thread but finally got all three . Headers and cat welded . Cat seems to be flanged with spring bolts . ill need a donut gasket and flanges with spring bolts for the header but can a muffler shop supply these or should i hitup like a napa then hit the shop ?

Sent from my Integra.

slowtec

Internet Tough Guy
Didnt wanna start up a new thread but finally got all three . Headers and cat welded . Cat seems to be flanged with spring bolts . ill need a donut gasket and flanges with spring bolts for the header but can a muffler shop supply these or should i hitup like a napa then hit the shop ?

Sent from my Integra.
What parts did you end up going with?

JayVee

2Dr Banger
What parts did you end up going with?
Dc 4-1 , magnaflow 2 1/4 cat , yonaka catback .

But again does anyone or yourself know if the shop supplies these or will i need to hit up the dealer ?

Sent from my Integra.