Headers/Muffler ?

MonkeyDa9

Friend gave me these headers for my car but in order to install them i need the part
that goes ( pictures ) there . Anybody know the name of this part and/or where i can get it.

MonkeyDa9

i didnt buy them, they gave them to me. There DC Sport 4-1 Headers .. but i need the part that goes in the picture in order to weld it to the muffler, i need to know the name of the part that goes there =]

ixcocoyxi

RS owner
let me rephrase that. how many headers do you have? 3? 4?

dc2GS-R

Super Moderator
You are asking a very vague, unspecific question. You need the parts that connect the header to the muffler? Like the rest of the piping?

There are 4 parts of the exhaust:
1) Header
2) Catalytic Converter (connects header to b-pipe)
3) B-Pipe (connects "cat" to axle-back)
4) Axle-back (muffler section)

and just an FYI, your friend gave you "a header", not "headers."

Last edited:

MonkeyDa9

i have a stock b18, these headers im putting in (dc sport 4in1) are bigger than the stock headers. all i want to do is put these headers in my car, but in order to do that i need the piece that connects the headers to whatevers next to connect the pipe of my stock muffler. ( hope that makes sence lol)

So my question was, whats the part that screws into the headers? Is the catalaytic conveter what connects to the end of the Headers ?

Yes, the catalytic converter is the piece that bolts to the 2 bolt flange of the header.

You are going to encounter a clearance issue with the 4-1 header though. You will either need a traction bar or you'll need to notch out the cross member to allow the header enough clearance.

Again, you have a header, not headers.

Cripton805

i have a stock b18, these headers im putting in (dc sport 4in1) are bigger than the stock headers. all i want to do is put these headers in my car, but in order to do that i need the piece that connects the headers to whatevers next to connect the pipe of my stock muffler. ( hope that makes sence lol)

So my question was, whats the part that screws into the headers? Is the catalaytic conveter what connects to the end of the Headers ?
Theres a thread covering every step. Its a sticky

jznsn2u

Do you not know how to read? Because you're not reading the information that was provided for you. Scroll up, you'll learn basic layout of an exhaust.

SnD3

Ok, first of all, you don't understand your own question, or you could ask properly as to what you need. Are you talking about the piece coming out of the exhaust, with the wires? That is the O2 sensor. If it is not that, you must be talking about the flange on the end of the unit, where the catalytic converter would connect. From the cat, it would go back to a pipe, or straight back to the muffler, which in turn would bring you to the exiting exhaust receptacle, which is known as the exhaust tip... Is there anything else? lol If you live in cali, you might also have 2 catalytic converters, as our emissions are homo...

Joshmmc

You are asking a very vague, unspecific question. You need the parts that connect the header to the muffler? Like the rest of the piping?

There are 4 parts of the exhaust:
1) Header
2) Catalytic Converter (connects header to b-pipe)
3) B-Pipe (connects "cat" to axle-back)
4) Axle-back (muffler section)

and just an FYI, your friend gave you "a header", not "headers."

Header > Cat > Piping > Resonator > Piping > Muffler

Aussie

Zoom-Zoom
Yea, you'll definitely have to notch the cross member, I'll post a pic of later if you need to know what we're talking about. If you don't already have a catalytic convertor you should just take it to a muffler shop and have them extend your piping to meet up with it after you install it.