Headlight Film

tegglyfe

So Fresh and So Clean
What can I do to remove the film from my hradlights to restore them to a like new condition without replacing them? I hear I can just compound it out...open to all feedback.

tegglyfe

So Fresh and So Clean
And what is the turn out? Am I going to get them to look like new or are they just going to be noticeably better looking than before?

Samurai_Blue

Yolo Whippin'
the 3m and mothers get it back to new. you want the mothers power ball or the 3m one with sand paper. Or you can wet sand them

JGvtec

Like posted above, you can get the kits and you will see a big difference. You have some choices.

Get the headlight kits
Wet sand them with 2000 grit then compound out.

Here are the ones i did.

Samurai_Blue

Yolo Whippin'
As i recomended the two mothers and 3m are good stuff, the blue magic product sucks

WAR 178

Premium User
any gritty compound, or actual toothpaste will do if they arent real bad yet. buff them good and use wax after. or you can get the kits/sanding route.

tegglyfe

So Fresh and So Clean
Thats a very good turnout. Im going to look into it today cuz mine look like ass but it was how I got the car last month. One restoration at a time....lol

4dr94teg

Old School Tuner
I used the 3M kit from auto zone last week, you can see pictures of the difference in my build thread. It worked great.

96GSRteg

Tyler
the mothers kit comes wit some wet sanding pads as well as the powerball so thats why i got it. and it worked wonders in my opinion.