Headlight Fuse keeps blowing. .

Integra617

Chirp from 1st to 3rd!
Okay so two days ago I removed my headlights because I was gonna paint my high beams. .so I left my HID bulbs in the lights and just disconnected it from the ballast. My HIDs were working fine untill I put the headlights back on. Now my lights won't work.I plugged in stock blub, still nothing. So buddy of mine told me its my fuse. I replace the fuse and everytime I turn on the lights, fuse instantly blows.any ideas why? And anybody have or know where to get the fuse diagram for under the steering wheel? Because my car didn't come with one :/
Thanks in advance.

joesrcool

Sounds like there's a short somewhere in one of the wires. You could have stripped it when removing/replacing your headlights.

Sounds similar to what happened on mine, but it only blew when the HID's were installed. Turned out one of the ballasts had an internal short causing many blown fuses.

I think this is the right one, I'm too lazy to go down to my car and look. Just google'd this one.

-Joe

Integra617

Chirp from 1st to 3rd!
That's thing everything was working perfectly fine untill I removed.I double checked disconnected and reconnected all the wires for the HIDs. When I get new fuses tomorrow (blew all the new ones I bought :( ) ill check if it does the same with stock bulb. Thanks a lot for the fuse diagram xD .

joesrcool

I just went out to my car to get my fuse diagram and it looks different. I think it's because I have an '01, but here it is anyways.

Yeah, let us know if it's still blowing fuses with the stock bulbs. If it isn't, there is something wrong with the HID's, if it is, then there is most likely a short somewhere. Are you using the correct size fuse?

-Joe

Integra617

Chirp from 1st to 3rd!
When I tried today no. All I had left was 20 and 25s. Friend blew all the 10s and 15s that came when I bought them.but now I know the correct fuse. Thanks again. Let's see how it goes tomorrow :x

Integra617

Chirp from 1st to 3rd!
It had something to do with my HIDs,I'm not sure what but somethings wrong with them.Changed the fuse and put stock bulbs back on.Going to get new HIDs sometime soon :D