Headlight keeps blowing. Can I use the brights headlights/wiring?

Christoff

My passenger side headlight blew one day. I assumed it had seen it's life and threw another in only to have it blow within a couple of days. There's quite a bit of moisture in the headlight but I'd never had an issue. There was a day of hard rain though and after that is when I noticed it blew. I left the piece the bulb attaches to off the housing hoping it would dry up a bit. I've tried another since then that blew within about 10 minutes of driving. Now I really doubt there's a short somewhere because nothing has changed in my car and it's been problem free for 2 years.

I'm pretty sure the moisture is just dripping on the bulb and causing it to blow. I was wondering if I could use the inner headlights for driving lights? I assume brights is just a different bulb and not a different current? Could I just swab the bulbs out and drive with my brights on?

If nothing else I think I'll just get another housing and hope that fixes the problem. I was also in a minor fender bender on that side so I think that might also be the issue and it's more than just a simple crack. So I may just get a new one from the auto parts store instead of trying to just dry it out and reseal it.

DroolinBuddie

lol, I know on my car i can use my brights as driving lights...my brights look like my normal driving lights...Haha, but then again mine are unadjusted and they are broken...bumper holding them up...i custom made my headlights red inner housing with red halos (Yes...I am a "Ricer" if that's what ppl call it)...I refuse to change my head lights :]

Is your head light cracked or maybe the seal to hold the head light cover to the housing coming off?... from the sounds of it, Yeah you got a leak in your head light, seal it back up or get a new one!...

Christoff

Couldn't find one at the local autoparts store gonna check ebay!

I didn't realize each side was 1 housing so the whole brights thing isn't going to help. But damn they're pricey even used on ebay.

Last edited: