Headlights problem pls help :(

1998dc4

I recently Had an ls that I traded for a 99 ej8 civic b20swap ... And earlier I was smashing on the freeway from 5 to 3 gear and you know when downhift hard the car kinda jumps or whatever like you hear pop! Well when I did that my headlight both off them together(hids) randomly shut off idk why everything else work just not the headlights actually hids ... What could it be??? I already checked my grounds and fuses... Could having smashed so hard caused them to fry? Pls help greatly appreciated for any ideas

1998dc4

Nothing seems broken no loose connections but on thing I remembered the way he had the headlights set up was when you would try to turn on high beams instead of high beams it would just turn off the headlights weird

1998dc4

The thing is both lights went out at the same time exactly the same time is that possible for hids to do that?

1998dc4

I checked the hid wiring with a multimeter and there's no power going to them ?? What does that mean???

Amiguel6

No power must mean that there is no connection to them. Check your ground double check all wires

1998dc4

Ok I took off the hids kits and ballast and connected the hids to the cars battery directly thru positive and negative on the battery and they work so the hids are good and working ... So I guess this means there's no power going to the wires where the ballast are supposed to plug in idk why... I there any way I can connect the hids directly to the battery safely? And keep it that way with another off on switch?

slowDB7

Remove those hids and get some regular bulbs, your just going to blind everyone unless its got a projector retrofit.

But if you really want to keep them, check your ballasts or check your headlight fuse, sounds like you blew one of them. Also sounds like PO used the wrong type of kit anyways

Last edited: