Heater hoses

mugenguy

ok so there is a hose that goes from the engine to the fire wall which then comes baccs out to the blocc My question is can i just run that hose from the head to the blocc wiht no problems

STAYFIT

those hoses go to your heatercore so if you do that you have no heat. but i think you would be okay if your cool with no heat. you might have to take some cooolant out if you do that cause the capacity wouldnt be the same.

Man A

homewreker
im thinking if the engine will run hotter? or would it only make a difference if the heater is running?

if you dont need heat go for it!!

wite2nr

i think that would actually be a good idea for me. my vents blow hot air, even when on cold (with no a/c) and turned off. id rather it blow ambient temp air as opposed to hot air.

STAYFIT

yeah that's a decent reason mine does the same thing, if you live somewhere where heat or defroster isnt necessary then you should be allright just take some coolant out like i said cause its going to have too much in the system. naturally you'll loose some when you loosen the hoses.

dc2b18

Wait... What?
if you do that just don't leave too much in there... GL

Kuchtaboy

Unregistered User
When DON'T you need a defroster.... Windows fog up in any condition. that's just dumb....

im thinking if the engine will run hotter? or would it only make a difference if the heater is running?

if you dont need heat go for it!!

no, you're engine won't run hotter. lol

STAYFIT

yeah i know i would never get rid of my heat i live in Michigan if you sit in your car with no defroster on for 2 mins you cant see shit.

wite2nr

yes but i am in phx, az. absolutely no reason for a defrost unless you are taking a road trip, haha. 70 degree low in January.