Heater Issues! Need some help!

bradical77

So, I need a little help. My 93 RS coupe has a heater problem. I know its not the heater motor or heater resistor. This is because when I turn on the heat, I can hear the blower motor running, and if I put my hand on the vent, I can feel there is warm air in there, but nothing is blowing out of the vents. I have the manual temperature control in my car, and was wondering if maybe it's typical that maybe some linkage or flaps get stuck closed in the heater box. If anyone could help or give me some suggestions, that would be great!

Last edited:

xFamousTeggy17x

i had the same problem....its your heater knob the one where you turn the heater fan on...its actually a fuse start with that it should fix the problem for around $40

Koolass

i had the same problem....its your heater knob the one where you turn the heater fan on...its actually a fuse start with that it should fix the problem for around $40
Heater knob? He said he can hear the blower motor turn on. I'd guess that it has something to do with the switch itself...the one that you change where you want the air to come out of. Idk anything about the switch, if it's electronically controlled, or it there's linkage connected to it, or what.

xFamousTeggy17x

yeah i could hear it turn on and i could feel heat come out of the vents but it was not blowing out. i replaced the blower motor and that was not it. then a friend of mine who had the same problem as i did told me to change the knob that is in your dash that controls the fan so it will adjust the speed of the heat blowing out its actually a fuse that controls the fan to turn on or not. you can easly be able to tell if it is or not buy pressing the AC button in the middle a few times and you will see the heat will blow out more and it shows that you are loosing connection.

bradical77

Ok, I can hear it turn on. So what exactly do I need to replace? The whole knob? Or just the fuse it's attatched to?

Last edited:

bradical77

So if I remove the knob, is there possibly a fuse or resistor attached to it I can replace?

Last edited:

DagoAcura92

If u change the temperture setting to hot do u feel any resistance or hear something go thunk under the dash? If not, look for cables coming from the back of the controls and check if they're still connected. The black cables will eventually end up near the gas pedal. I would go there first but u mite not know what they look like.

Last edited:

bradical77

Well I'll take a look. I dont feel any resistance changing it to hot, but ill definitely look at the cables before I go buying any $40 switches. What cables should I be checking?

Last edited:

DagoAcura92

if u don't have ur controls out then, just look to see if any cables are loose. I would trace it from the back of the controls if I were u.

bradical77

Ok, ill look at that. Are there any flaps that typically get stuck in the heater system?

Last edited: