heeeelp pls and thank you!

Naancy

hey everyone :)
my car is not really a project car. I got it a few months ago,and everything was working fine. Recetly a few things have gone wrong ;(, it makes a squecky noise everytime i reverse its pretty loud and noticeble. I have no idea on what it could be,but if you guys could help me find out whats wrong that would be aweeeeeesome!

thanks,
naancy

NeroCB7

Honda Lover
what type of noise is it squeeling ticking knocking???

cvc7chris

Hustler
my ex's automatic accord used to do that. i always thought it was a motor/transmission mount or something. i never did figure it out because she sold it..but maybe someone on here with an automatic integra has had the same problem and successfully diagnosed it

NeroCB7

Honda Lover
squeeling its kinda loud

and yeah hopefully someone know thanks tho
belts are loose easy fix you can either tighten it or buy a spray at any auto parts store not expensive

DC_Five_Earl

Hi welcome to the Club Nancy. My guess is probably brakes? when does it usually happen level ground or backing up from a driveway? It could possibly be a lot of other things.

jznsn2u

hey everyone :)
my car is not really a project car. I got it a few months ago,and everything was working fine. Recetly a few things have gone wrong ;(, it makes a squecky noise everytime i reverse its pretty loud and noticeble. I have no idea on what it could be,but if you guys could help me find out whats wrong that would be aweeeeeesome!

thanks,
naancy
squeeling its kinda loud

and yeah hopefully someone know thanks tho
Welcome to Club Integra. Check your brakes, front and rear. Check if the padding has life. There's a spring on the brakes that is supposed to sqeak when the brake pads are almost done. I'm guessing the rear brake pads are murdered.

Naancy

Welcome to Club Integra. Check your brakes, front and rear. Check if the padding has life. There's a spring on the brakes that is supposed to sqeak when the brake pads are almost done. I'm guessing the rear brake pads are murdered.
hmmmm...is it expensive to fix?

jznsn2u

hmmmm...is it expensive to fix?
Not at all. It's pretty easy to do if you have a set of basic hand tools. A stock jack and cross bar that comes with the car. A set of millimeter socket wrenches, specifically 8mm, 10mm, 12mm, 14mm. (You could fix most things with just those sizes on the integra.) A set of brake pads from kragen/autozone/pep boys should probably cost you anywhere from $20 - $40 at the most for basic brake pads.

Are you comfortable with doing work to your car?

Naancy

Not at all. It's pretty easy to do if you have a set of basic hand tools. A stock jack and cross bar that comes with the car. A set of millimeter socket wrenches, specifically 8mm, 10mm, 12mm, 14mm. (You could fix most things with just those sizes on the integra.) A set of brake pads from kragen/autozone/pep boys should probably cost you anywhere from $20 - $40 at the most for basic brake pads.

Are you comfortable with doing work to your car?
thanks im glad its not expensive,i'll probably get my bf to do this for me :)

thannks for all ur help everyone

jznsn2u

thanks im glad its not expensive,i'll probably get my bf to do this for me :)

thannks for all ur help everyone
No problem. Have fun with the brake job, it should be a good learning experience. Ohh by the way, for some brake jobs you may need a C-clamp to compress the piston and slide it back on. Post pictures!