Hello everyone sorry I didn't start here lol

new2fourcyl

new new newbie
Hi everyone I am completely new to forums and completely new to imports. I have been trying to find a car to get my son interested in learning about and a finally found one unfortunately I dont know anything about it lol. I have already gotten alot of help from a few guys on here and thank you to them greatly I am begining to pick this up I hope. As sad as this may be I am an ASE certified mechanic but its just cause I read a book and took a few tests lol my father is an actual working mechanic but he hates imports and I guess thats why I have stayed away from them for so many years. I am very intrigued by them now and wish I had checked them out alot sooner. I apologize for all the bad things I have said through the years just due to ignorance it really makes me feel like crap. I love cars I love going fast and I'm a pretty quick study when it comes to mechanical things.

new2fourcyl

new new newbie
What's up dude welcome to ci!!!!!! Post some pics
Sorry she isnt to pretty yet I have a long way to go. The car was gutted and set up for drag when I got it I think it was a chop job:letout:

I hope I got this right lol

new2fourcyl

new new newbie
Car looks nice!

Welcome to CI. Im Jordan. :hi:
Well thank but you dont have to be nice I can take it lol. in all seriousness I think it is pretty rough or it was when I first got it but since I have raised it back up and put an interior in it and took out most of the rice crap lol
I plant to drop it again it had a good set of tokicos on it with springs but they were cut rediculously. I didnt understand why it was so low you couldnt even load it on a trailer or rollback without several ppl and a bunch of scraping noises eeek it bottomed out in my driveway and its pretty much flat lol

JGvtec

Im being truthful ;)

Its clean. No rust. good body lines. Engine isn't all gunky.

new2fourcyl

new new newbie
Im being truthful ;)

Its clean. No rust. good body lines. Engine isn't all gunky.
Well thank you Im glad someone else appreciates it besides me and my son. btw my name is Jeff I am 34 so I guess that makes me a late bloomer lol. I just come from a surrounding of import hating ppl so I have gotten nothin but crap about the car since I got it. I think it probably doesnt help I have always built big 4x4's and old american v8 muscle cars so everyone who knows me thinks I must have hit one to many mud hole or grabbed a little to much air in a truck and brain washed me lol. The fact of the matter is I appreciate automobiles and quality engineering and lets face it hp is hp but power to weight ratio is the real standard. I do have a Kawi zx10r with 196whp with a wet weight of 376 pounds minus me of course lol. Now thats some power to weight ratio. Maybe thats what I owe my recent revelation to build an import but really when I went and looked at my teggy something just clicked and I got that feeling lol. I had to have it this car was gonna be mine and be great. I dont care how long it takes I will have an impressive piece of automotive history with class that demands its respect wherever it goes. I will have my redneck all american built import that is a great representation of its roots keeping it as original as possible even though my motor never came in my car I may change that and just rebuild my motor and just put it away so as not to let another one get destroyed by spinning a bearing and screwing up a stroked crank that I have found is very difficult to replace. Im thinking a b18a1 low compression high psi 300whp and I will be happy(until I lose once lol) Sorry I can be really long winded lol

Last edited:

vtecteggy617

the car looks real good. all you need is a drop, some rims, tints, and a paint job. it might sound like alot but its really not. thats a great start though! Welcome!!

new2fourcyl

new new newbie
Thank you

the car looks real good. all you need is a drop, some rims, tints, and a paint job. it might sound like alot but its really not. thats a great start though! Welcome!!
Yeah I thought it was a great start also It has alot of good stuuf done and done right but there was alot done wrong to. I plan to drop it back down but when I got it the term slammed wasnt even close to enough it was rediculous. But hey Thanks for the welcome.