HELP!!! 12.19" Willwood Dynalite Big Brake vs 16x7 + 42 Offset Volk CE28Ns

DailyDB8

>>>Honda Enthusiast<<<
So, i finally had some time and cam around to test fitting the wilwood along with the volks... come to find out the wilwoods look lovely as hell... so do the volks... HOWEVER... it wont clear the caliper.. which ws a huge disappointment to me. car so close but yet still so far... i took a couple pics to share to you what i see and hopefully we can think of solution that doesn't resolve me selling either or of the products.

Wilwood 12.19" Dynalite Big Brake Kit
w/
16x7 Volk Ce28ns w/ +42 Offset

**THE WHEELS DO SPIN FREELY ONCE ITS ABOUT .5 INCHES FURTHER OUT**
**PREVIOUS OWNER SAID +32 OFFSET OR HIGHER, NOW HE SAYS -32 OR LOWER...** :what:

~first thing is, i want to try and shave off as much as i can off the calipers... but my question is... is it a good idea... can anything bad result in it?

**IF I CAN'T GET IT TO FIT BY SHAVING SOME OF THE CALIPER OFF... THEN THE VOLKS WOULD BASICALLY BE A DAILY/SHOW WHEELs becase i will use SPACERS//ADAPTERS... and get some 17s for track :what:**

~next if that doesn't work... i was thnking about a spacer, and from what i understand is there are 2 types? one is basically... a spacer - a thin aluminum/magesium/metal piece and use some ARP extended studs... OR... a adapter kit that screws in the existing studs and has its own studs on the spacer? now which one is BETTER/SAFER?

~also... what about the 11.8 size rotors? will my Dynalite calipers still work with different brackets?!?!?!?

possibly H&R DR 15mm Wheel Spacers?
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/H-R-TRAK-WHEEL-SPACER-DR-TYPE-15MM-4X100-PN-30234571_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQcategoryZ33746QQihZ018QQitemZ280261791857QQrdZ1QQsspagenameZWDVW

here are the pics... :cry:

anyone have any HELPFUL suggestions?!?!?! i really want to keep both of them.

Last edited:

DailyDB8

>>>Honda Enthusiast<<<
my first route would be the smaller rotors.
so with a quick research... THE CALIPERS ARE THE SAME, jus different mounting brackets, top hats, and dists, and correct me if im wrong... its 11' and not 11.75"? or do they have both those sizes?

11" set since its the only available manual
2x49.43=98.86 250-8642 Bracket (ea) - Forged Dynalite to Honda - 240 mm Rotor, for 11" Kit
2x86.34=172.68 170-8643 Hat-BB Front,.655" Offset 4 x 3.93 - 6 on 6.25"
2x 87.90=175.80 Rotor-UL30 HP Vented Iron 11.00 x .810 - 6 on 6.25"

and thats a WHOPPING $447.34 w/o shipping. and this is from the parts list off from www.wilwood.com.

imm try and look if summit carries them, or if another vendor does, if you guys knwo any, PLEASE SHARE. in the mean time, i guess ill look a bit more into spacers/adapeters til i can find a cheaper price. have got rotors and brackets ready in case i wanna go big or small... lol

Last edited:

DailyDB8

>>>Honda Enthusiast<<<
Summit Prices.

[ 45.95x2 ] + [ 79.95x2 ] + [ 69.95x2 ] = $403.45 SHIPPED!!!

anyone have any discounts or any clue where to get these cheaper?

DailyDB8

>>>Honda Enthusiast<<<
btw is it just me or does the caliper looks like its a bit too far away from the rotor?!?!?

DailyDB8

>>>Honda Enthusiast<<<
ahhh... i double checked the part# on the mounting bracket... its for a EF 240mm. i double checked the wilwood site, the calipers are more pushed i nand more flush like OEM. it would make sense... why it sticks out so much, and previous owner had it on a EF.

ill snap pics to show what i observed. hopefully this will resolve the issue and i can use the best of both worlds... i can only pray.

part # 250-6290 240mm -------> 250-6289 262mm

Ominous G2

┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌∩┐
Nice find, lets hope thats the problem.

DailyDB8

>>>Honda Enthusiast<<<
DailyDrivenDB8 said:
ahhh... i double checked the part# on the bracket... its for a EF 240mm. i double checked the wilwood site, the calipers are more pushed i nand more flush like OEM. it would make sense... why it sticks out so much, and previous owner had it on a EF.

ill snap pics to show what i observed. hopefully this will resolve the issue and i can use the best of both worlds... i can only pray.
so here's the zoom'd in pics to help you guys see what im talking about... notice how the caliper sits almost an inch away from the hub. UNFORTUNATELY... the brackets are on back order so more waiting.... b0o0o :thumbdown

and OEM...

and what hopefully i believe is the problem... bracket for civics with 240mm rotors... supposed to be part # 6289 260mm rotors

they're supposed to fit snug like these.

Last edited: