HELP! 1994 Acura Integra is sputtering awful.

Q.E.D-

My 1994 Acura Integra (RS), 1.8 Engine, sputters when I first accelerate and I just about have to put the pedal to the floor to get it to move decently.. it sputtters and idles VERY rough when I'm at a stop light.

I've checked all the basics including plugs, fluids, hoses, valves. No engine issues or transmission issues.
Anybody know what's wrong?! :???:

NemesisCBR

Boredest Member
you forgot the basic distributor. check your cap and rotor first then the rest of it. but maybe you left this out of your list... if so you then you need a more complete and thorough list.

General direction though is air, fuel, spark. One of those is not operating correctly somewhere. You will have to use process of elimination here.

Last edited:

NemesisCBR

Boredest Member
A uhh missing cap wouldnt run at all. The contacts on the cap can be worn as can be the rotor. Its a possibility but not for sure, you will have to inspect or simply replace. Theyre inexpensive from the dealer.

easy web

Best cheap mods are: Making sure car is up on maintenace; i.e. stock type NGK spark plugs and wires ($50), correct timing (slight advance may help a little on the high end)(autozone rents for free), clean fuel filter ($12). Of course timing belt and water pump, and all other non-power adding necessities.