HELP!! 91 integ would not start

matrixx611

Hi All,
I have not used my integ for awhile, but now i want to start using. My car would not crank. I replaced the battery and starter. Couple of times the engine would crank, but now it wont now? I resaudered the main fuel relay and still wont crank. When i turn the key, I dont hear the fuel pump making a noise.

What could it be? Starter relay? I talked to an auto shop and he said if the main fuel relay is bad, it should still crank.

matrixx611

i just disconnected the car alarm and it is now cracking but i still dont hear the fuel pump turning on. any suggestions??

Prozon

Kris
So the car didn't turn over, but then you unhooked your alarm and it did?

It sounds like your having alarm issues.

JDM Auto Sports

First to see if u have fuel pressure remove the inlet line from ur fuel filter and have some one crank the engin over. If u have fuel pressure then remove ur spark plugs and see if the cylinders are fluded. Sorry also check for spark. If have nune of these replace main relay.

matrixx611

It looks like it is the fuel pump. I took off the hoses to the fuel filter and there's no gas coming out. I already replaced the fuel relay....dammit

Thanks guys

JDM Auto Sports

U don't need to drop the tank on ur car. All u need to do is pull ur back seat out, the bottom cushion. U will see a silver cap with a wire loom going to it and 3 to 4 ten mm bolts. Pull that then u will be at the pump.

LittleB10

sounds like fuel pump. my is bad too...engine runs etc jut when driving u can hear the thing whine really loud. I just purchased a walbro 255 and suggest u get one of those too. I got mine for only a hundred bucks with ship. Always heard good things about them and i personally know a guy that has had one in his truck for over tens years with no probs! Def get one and while at it change fuel filter too! Also like the above said...just pull back seat out and presto there it is! i will be installing it this week and will let ya know how it goes with pics. good luck man!

JDM Auto Sports

Hey guys im sorry I just checked my factory manual and u do have to drop the tank! MY BAD! But u still need to pull up the seat and dissconect the wiring under there. The book calls for like 2.6 hours labor to do so its not that bad.

JDM Auto Sports

Yep ur right on track with that. Just to let u know I have never in my life had to change a fuel pump in a Honda or acura. Iv been a auto tech for 10 plus years and never seen that. But there's always a first. But if u have any more questions please feel free to ask. I have the factory manual from the dealer for ur car. And I own my own shop with all the good stuff to help out.

matrixx611

Thanks Bro. I got a question. My integ only has headers, is ok to put in a walboro fuel pump? Its not too much or its ok to install? I got this quote from http://treperformance.com/i-133106-acura-integra-walbro-255-lph-fuel-pump-1990-1993.html

Remember, having too big of a pump is not a problem, but in some applications with an OEM stock regulator you may need to upgrade the regulator to avoid issues with too much flow for the OEM components. Return style fuel systems, such as all the vehicles these pumps work with, have any extra fuel returned to the fuel tank through the return fuel line. Because of this, as large a pump as the stock lines can support is fine, even with a stock engine