HELP....Bent Crankshaft?

GoofyFoot

Ok I have a couple of very important questions. But first I should give a background as to what I did to the engine. I am a total noob when it comes to this kind of thing. I am currently working on a friend's car that she had thrown a rod in. We ordered a B18B out of a 2nd gen teg, and am swapping it into a '01 3rd gen. When I was putting the transmission from the newer '01 engine onto the B18B block there was a loud ting noise followed by a large crack forming on the transmission case. My questions are as follows:

1) Did I totally just bend the crankshaft and break some internals and screw myself even more?

2) If so, is it possible to take the good parts from the engine with the thrown rod, and replace the parts that I have possibly broken?

3) They are trying to save alot of money here by letting me, do all the labor, so what would be my best option from here?

Thanks ahead of time guys.
GoofyFoot

Aussie

Zoom-Zoom
1. There's wasn't any second gen b18b
2. Your transmission spline goes into your clutch, it never comes in contact with your crankshaft, flywheel, or anything else in you engine.
3. Take the car to a mechanic.

GoofyFoot

ok, so it isn't 2nd gen. but it is a B18B.

so you are saying that it is just the clutch and probably the transmission that i messed up then?

GoofyFoot

and my plan is to take it to someone who knows alot more about this kind of stuff. aka a mechanic. however they are wanting me to do as much work as possible, even though I have told them that I don't know much about it, they are that desperate to save money. I also informed them that I could damage things while doing it, and they didn't care. 2nd, they have a friend of the family that is a mechanic and specializes in imports, but he would only be able to get to it on the weekends, and they are wanting this thing done ASAP, and I am moving 2500 miles away in less than 2 weeks.

Anything specific as to what I could have damaged would help me a whole lot, thanks guys

Last edited:

GoofyFoot

any idea what it could be? i've been looking at a few places and have come to the conclustion that either my transmission is broken now, or the torque converter is, but if anyone has the answer I would be extremely grateful for any help.

Thanks guys, GoofyFoot

dc2b18

Wait... What?
and my plan is to take it to someone who knows alot more about this kind of stuff. aka a mechanic. however they are wanting me to do as much work as possible, even though I have told them that I don't know much about it, they are that desperate to save money. I also informed them that I could damage things while doing it, and they didn't care. 2nd, they have a friend of the family that is a mechanic and specializes in imports, but he would only be able to get to it on the weekends, and they are wanting this thing done ASAP, and I am moving 2500 miles away in less than 2 weeks.

Anything specific as to what I could have damaged would help me a whole lot, thanks guys
Step the fuck away from that car. It really doesn't matter where you are going in two weeks because as long as you aren't near a vehicle everyone will be alright.