HELP Building Custom ported box

Blank312

Got a 93 integra LS.

Just recently purchased a Kicker CompVR CVR12 and a Lanzar VCT2010 800w 2 channel HP amp. Got them new for just a little over $100 offline, trying to keep this low budget but didn't want to get crap(hope it was a good choice). Was originally going to go with two subs but heard that if the box is the right size and properly tuned, it will bump louder then if you try to cram two subs in a tight area? Am thinking about going with the L shaped porting and the dimensions were going to be about W30xH16xD16. I'm using 1in thick particle board. And Heard that 32hz is good for tuning(trying for the lows). Have no idea idea what size to make the porting vent, or if the dimensions are even on point. I got a lot of my ideas from you guys reading different threads so I was hoping you guys could help me out.

Thanks, will have pics of my car soon.

jugglost

search for websites that give you "how to's" for sub box building. there is some software that you can use that will help you tune your box to an almost professional level. you can get it near perfect if you do your research. make sure you seal the joints were the wood meets with silicon to keep it air tight so only your port is pushing the air out. ive gotten so pretty good boxes built using next to nothing. i had a box for threes 10's that rumbled like two 15's. quality can be attained, just make sure you take your time and do your research.

TreJordan

Body first, then Motor!
nooo I have two Rockford T1's now and they arent crammed back their at all, and trust me. It slams harder than 12s

TreJordan

Body first, then Motor!
But get a ported box that is about as high as your back seats.

jugglost

heres one of the spots i use for building my boxes. give them a look. you can also just search for sub box software. and get a bunch of freeware sites that will help build top notch boxes.

JD89

would any of you guys have any ideas or know where i can find some for a custom trunk design in a 99 ls

Blank312

Actually I've been researching a lot , and I couldn't find any calculators for just a plain square vent, want to keep it as simple as possible. If you know a good one that would help. I'm going to post the drawings for the box but have to drive halfway across the state for the body kit, so it wont be till later today.