Help car doesnt wanna start on first turn!!!

teggythaillest

so i have a $ door integra ls 95 and i was wondering if anyone know why my car wont start in the first click what can be wrong because sometimes it will work just fine but other times it will take me three clicks! this all started after i installed my fogs if that really has anything to do with it but when it wont start it doesnt sound like my batttery is dieing. So please help :shock:!!! Thanks in advance

lhd dc2

Taffeta White
If it sounds weak while starting, I would definitely start with changing the battery. Start from there...

teggythaillest

alright well when i go to start it it sounds like it is going to start and right away just turns off and ill try it again and it starts like nothing happened it usally happens when i dont drive it for a few hours. i just bought this car around march this year so its my first time having it for winter so idk if its just an old car thing you know. Any other suggestions or answers thanks!

HonDaReal

New starter and solenoid. Used to happen with my teg wen i bought it. But mine was worst. Easy diy.

HonDaReal

Starter and solenoid look like one thing but can be sold separately. Solenoid is the round can looking part of one. I got a rebuilt one plus traded in my old one for 40 bucks were i live. But new i think there lik 80-100 i could be wrong. Or just get one outta a crashed teg

BankiBoi

Take the starter off u can get it tested but to replace it junkyard r cheap.

Are you sure its getting gas? If its not then its fuel pump!

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk

HonDaReal

I did mine wen i barely new anything haha its under the distributor kinda. I think its only two bolts that mount it but u gotta take out the air box and use extended sockets to reach them. Nothin too bad let me see if i can get a diagram of it if not ill take pics of it tomorow for u

teggythaillest

awe sweet man thanks i will talk to my dad about it tommorow cuz it rally bugs me that it wont start right away sometimes and its embarrising! well one more thing i just went to the store and when i went to turn it on was it sounded find when i let go of the key it wanted to die but then just stayed on still might think its the starter?

HonDaReal

Starter wouldnt have an effect after car is on. That sounds like a ruff idle. Could be a number of things. Do ur rpms ever bounce when u come to a stop?