Help!! Car Wont Start

samace_sg

Second Glance
I was driving home.. just before i got to my parking spot, my car just stalled. I thought it was my fault it stalled.. maybe too tired or wasn't paying attention. I tried to start it up again.. but it was a no go. The car cranks, but does not turn over. I had to push it into the spot.

What I tried:

New battery
I can hear the fuel pump come on.
Timing belt didn't snap
I replaced to the Ignition module in the distributor
I checked the wires and plugs
I replaced the fuel filter
I checked all fuses

What can it be? Is my motor dead?

Last edited:

heykosal

Angkorian
No codes?

So you checked the plugs/wires, and you're sure it's getting spark?

You can hear the fuel pump priming, but is there actually fuel getting to the cylinders? Maybe it's the PGM-FI relay?

Last edited:

samace_sg

Second Glance
ok.. so how do I verify if im getting spark?

After replacing fuel filter i did see that the fuel was getting thru..the filter, but how do i know it getting to cylinders?

michaelm610

you have to find a part in your vehicle thats bare metal (CAN NOT HAVE PAINT ON IT) so your spark can ground, there you pull out your spark plug and insert it in your wire now get a friend to try to crank it over while you hold the plug and wire to the metal NOT ON THE METAL but like 4 millimeters above it and do this with all 4 its a long process but it seems alot shorter then what youve had to go through.

From Ehow.com
Test the spark plug ignition by disconnecting the spark plug wire from the spark plug. Hold the end of the spark plug wire close to a metal surface. If the spark plug is good, you will see a spark or you'll hear a crackling noise. This means that voltage is getting through the wire to the spark plug.

source http://www.ehow.com/how_2060386_test-spark-plugs.html

heykosal

Angkorian
Well since it doesn't run what you should do is pull the wires one at a time, place them near a ground point and watch it while you have someone crank it. You should see it spark. Also, I know you said you checked the plugs and you're sure they're okay? No cracks or anything?

Yeah, eHow is a great resource..Check for fuel delivery

Also, check the grounds for the ECU.

Last edited:

Cheesenip

I <3 2.4l's
he should see a spark if he even uses his valve cover.

michaelm610

he should see a spark if he even uses his valve cover.
if his engine is like mine it would be painted and if its new there shouldnt be any paint chips :p :(
but anywhere without paint, i know this because when i was installing my amp my friend bolted it to a part of my car body that was painted and it didnt ground so i had to sand it a bit, Electricity doesnt like paint

michaelm610

Noone has said anything about his distributer cap, thats a place to check see if you have ash in there, or water! Water is the worst thing you can have in there,

MP-40

my starter is going bad and it still starts sometimes i gotta have someone bang on that shit with a hammer lol i dunno

samace_sg

Second Glance
Yeah i checked to dizzy.. and replaced the rotor and ICM.. I will check check my plugs for spark...