help car won't start

randool

I was driving around town today and stopped for gas, filled up jumped back in to leave and my 98 gs-r would'nt start? I had power lights and all but it would'nt turn over at all not even a click?! had it towed to the house and me and the tow truck driver popped the clutch it started but as soon as I shut it off same problem...... all the lights work and I have power but it won't start any ideas?

cody110

Integra Atheist
first check to see if your grounds are good and then check the wire that goes from your battery or fuse box to the stater and see if everything is correctly on and grounded that should be your problem

Jayteg

I'd buy a starter or save 100$ and park on hills.

tsu878

"Supersonic Vtec fun"
X2 on starter. Check it by connecting a 12v sores to the little spade on top of starter. Make sure your cars in neutral or park. That will tell you if u need new starter

randool

well, I took the starter off and took it to autozone tested and it tested good so next?!
I guess I'll be chasing grounds tomorrow
Hey I was just reading some other posts and someone had mentioned a clutch safety switch I did find a bunch of small rubber pieces on the floorboard where a rubber stopper usto be up in there could that switch also make it not start?

Last edited:

Evidence Files

1995 α¢υяα ιηтєgяα ℓѕ
Did you check if you have a aftermarket alarm? Maybe you're remote died and it won't start the car. On mine i had to find the blackbox under the dash and get the fcc number or find a valet switch, and if you see a fuse by itself installed by the alarm check it, or take it off and try starting.

jbrown97ls

Get your ignition control module or whatever it's called in the distributor checked by a place like autozone.

randool

turns out my starter relay took a dump jumped it till i can get a new one thx for all the help