help!! crappy emblem from previous owner!!

gooffeeman

Hi!! Let me properly introduce myself!! My name is Carlo , I'm from Chicago Il...well Palatine Il to be exact. I was a S&I Manager for Circuit City b4 they closed!! I made custom sound systems on peoples cars!! I'm very new to the Integra world...I used to drive a POS Oldsmobile Alero...and I used to co-own a 89 Supra with a 2JZGTE swap! ( My buddy bought his share of the car ) I went to 2 automotive schools UTI and My dads backyard (which I learned a lot more than UTI ) but to get to my car I bought a 94 Integra RS 2dr from my cousin for $500.... I love my new Integra to death! shes a tad bit rusty but runs very well!! I also installed my old sound system from my alero and built a custom box!! My question is how in the world do you take out acura emblem??? mine are really crappy

gooffeeman

here are some pics of my integra:

interior is super clean

here is a side shot of my integra

Custom amp/sub I did super clean install

and here is the crappy emblem...its on the hatch...and its doing the same in up front

jznsn2u

Welcome to Club Integra bro! Emblems are supposed to come straight off without any special technique, unless the previous owner super glued it or theres a screw on the other side of the hatch. Try to gently pry them out.(oem emblems have no screws on the back) and as for the rust - you should cut off the piece and fabricate a new piece to weld on :thumbs up. Which uti campus did you go too?

alexjoo

500 bucks! damn good price welcome to club integra!

Dumpie1

Lower is better
:welcome: & just pull the emblem off gently and if you manage to mess your paint up, then the new emblem will just cover it up :thumbs up

mirrorimg

Youre going to become a pretty good body man after you clean up that quarter panel. I suggest at a minimum cleaning it up and sealing it so it doesnt creep any further into the panel.

gooffeeman

Welcome to Club Integra bro! Emblems are supposed to come straight off without any special technique, unless the previous owner super glued it or theres a screw on the other side of the hatch. Try to gently pry them out.(oem emblems have no screws on the back) and as for the rust - you should cut off the piece and fabricate a new piece to weld on :thumbs up. Which uti campus did you go too?
I went to the Glendale Heights campus! it sucked! lol

blaketeg

I <3 Boost
looks good man

those emblems look like they are off of ebay :roll:

thats a steal for 500, welcome to the site :)

j13

Keep It Clean
Wow that thing is rusty! lol

Just take off the emblems...they are double sided taped on from the factory. Taking them off is easy its the residue that stayed from the tape with is hard to get off...

gooffeeman

She had no problems at all!! my cousin got her serviced at a local acura dealership...even got a new clutch put it before i bought her!! the only major thing is that its got MAJOR rust!! :cry: