help! dead battery!

djh1991

hey, so ive been gone for 2 weeks, get back to find my battery dead, so i get 2 of my buddys to push it down a hill while i try to bump start it....nothing. havent tried to jump start it yet tho...but i heard if it wont bumo start then a jump start wont work either...any truth to this?

djh1991

i dont wannaaaaaa...
ill prolly take it tomoro then

TegSox

Super Duper Moderator
I'd' definitley jump start the car and see if the battery can build and hold a charge before I just went and bought a new battery.

The Panch

The Homie
oh also when u conect the cables hav ur lights on. if the lights turn off when cables removed...bad battery

mirrorimg

When a car sits for that long, and there is a slight drain on the battery with the car off, then it just ran out of juice, to the point where it cant output the voltage needed to start the car.

Go get it jumped, let it run for a while so the alternator can recharge it.

gooffeeman

or you should get a new battery!! I bought a new battery for my car before i left for vacation for 3 weeks!! it started just fine!!!

dieonne97

Just start with a jump start if that works then keep it. If not then take it to wherever it was bought from (autozone, oreilly's, etc.) and have them see if they can charge it or replace it. (9 times out of 10) if you take a battery back to the store they will replace it with a new one if it's still under warranty, otherwise you'll just have to replace it. good luck