HELP decirims 949 or Volk grn2!!

XslickwhitetegX

UKDM EXPERT
HELP need rim advice 949 or Volk grn2!!

Finally its time to buy rims for my car and i usually can make my own decision but i just cant make up my mind between Volk grn2 or 949 6ul. hoping CI can make me make up my mind!

first pic of rims

15X 6.5 +42 volk grn2

15X 7.5 +36 949 6ul Nickel

Pro Volk
rare, "real rims", can paint them any color. 2 piece wheel, 12.5lbs

Con Volk
6.5 wide and offset not good for the flush look i want but can be fixed with hub wheel spacers, b**** to clean bc of bolts

Pro 949
width of rim and offset, 13lbs easy to clean

Con 949
still talking about cracking rims,but ill get gen 4 r but the nickel finish chips easy , cant powdercoat also half to wait until oct for gen 4!

anyways as you can tell i thought about this,whats your thoughts?

Last edited:

R13

The other asshole
I love me some 6ul's but given the pros/cons I'd buy the Volks then sell them later for the 6uls if I didn't like them as much. :)

bkirshr

User that is Registered
I think the 6ul will look better on your white car. Plus they'd be new and not used.

R13

The other asshole
^

The 6ul has a nice lip on it, Sits out to just about the right level so that's it's aggressive, Functional and subtle.

XslickwhitetegX

UKDM EXPERT
I think the 6ul will look better on your white car. Plus they'd be new and not used.
Almost 80% of my parts are used on my car so not to worried about the rims used. Lol

The grn have been refinished, no chips,nicks and lip has been polished, just spoke need to be painted. Las far as lip on 949, there really isn't much of one, that's seen on the wider rim. Lips are about the same size but the 949 do have a more modern look, grn might just look better on a DA,CRX or EG. Made good point there!

Aussie

Zoom-Zoom
Standing alone I like the Volk, but on your car I think the 949 would look better. Having a wider rim might look nice, but if those rims are shitty quality (Idk anything about them) then I would stay away, there's nothing worse for a car then shitty wheels.

The Volk is clearly a much much higher quality wheel and would provide better performance even with being less wide, but if you're going for a wide look that's up to you.

jbrown97ls

The gen4's are redesigned. Same look, but supposedly stronger. I haven't looked I to it at all though so I can't confirm this. My nickel finish hasn't flaked at all and I've had them for a few years even through some harsh winters.

If I was you I would go for the 8" wide rim especially if you want a more flush look. I constantly wish I would have gone with 8 instead of 7.5 and I don't even want a "flush" look.

Pice/Look wise I prefer the 6ul and the quality isn't too bad either for what you pay. Get the 6uls and join the club :)!

That or boss out like I want to and get the ssr ms3r's haha