HELP! differences btwn b16 automatic and ls automatic

DA6righthand

Registered Badass
i've been told that a b16 auto trans wont work in my 94 automatic ls integra. someone told me it's because the b16 auto trans doesn't have a tcm and my ls does. so would it be possible to swap the planetary gears and clutch plates into my ls auto trans case? is everything interchangeable? i'm lost...somebody please help...

thanks.

Kuchtaboy

Unregistered User
tcm = torque converter managment or traction control management...?

If its traction control that has to do more with your brakes then your transmission tho...

I think all autos have a torque converter managment system tho too...

Everything should swap, I think people put an LS 5th gear into the B16 tranny to get better gas milage, dont they? so if everything

B18TEG

BLACK DA
if its auto it only has four gears. . . .and swapping out gears would be a pain in the butt with an auto

DA6righthand

Registered Badass
i definitely dont wanna tear into an automatic trans...i just wanna know if i can swap trans for trans.

and b16 autos were made in jdm land, along with gsr autos. someone told me they made very few 4 door gsr's in automatics here in the states.

B18TEG

BLACK DA
well if its just plug in and go it should be fine,

James2388

Son of Disaster
Yeah, i bet tearing down an automatic tranny might not be worth the work...too damn complicated...

8urcivic

ONLY couches pull out!!!!
perfect time for 5 speed swap!!anyways, theres a tranny in the classifieds section. atleast there was i couldnt find it

mteg

Automatic Lover
The price to get a b16 or gsr auto tranny could almost pay for a 5-speed swap. You could also hit up Level 10 if you want to keep it automatic.