Help for the Newbie

gottdesign

Hi everyone,

Just got an 88 Integra LS. Really dig it. I am currently fixing it. I have ran into an issue with the sunroof. It has two tubes in the front and they are clogged. I have put a brake wire down there and it stops about 3/4 of the way down. I was hoping to clean it from the other side. Where does it drain out to? I can't find it Any info would be helpful.

thanks in advance.

enoch723

Drains to the back of the car but to be honest it doesnt matter if you clear it or not its still going to leak. The drain holes are only ment to let so much go through and with how old the sunroof gasket is I can almost garentee its leaking more then what the holes are intended for.

What I do every year when it gets to that point is I just put petroleum jelly around the sunroof and im done. I have seen people use plasti-dip as well

gottdesign

enoch723....The jelly seems like a great idea...thanks. I wanted to buy a new gasket but seems like they are not made anymore and i'm scared to buy a used one, bc at this age they all got to be the same.

Is there anyone who makes them aftermarket?

enoch723

No one makes them period. New or after market.. Sad thing is they just stopped making oil pumps for the G1 as well. They still remanufacturer them though which is good. There is a hole list of parts that they dont make for the g1 anymore that you will only be able to get remanufactured. Things like cv axle, alternator, lower control arms, etc.

But not to discourage you. The g1 teg has one of the biggest vintage honda followings. Check out g1teg.org and join the vintage integra club on facebook. If you need any parts get a hold of either Nathan Sholdebrand (Me) or Danny Carlson on facebook. Danny owns and operates NWCLASSICHONDA. He can find you anything you need