Help!! Getting fuel and spark still no start!

dmcastillo86

Ok ive searched and read alot of other posts and still cant get this problem figured out. Ive checked everything. Its getting spark and fuel up to the fuel filter and the lines to the fuel rail are getting fuel in them its just not coming out the injectors it seems. Ive checked to make sure the injectors are the right ones and they are. But i did try and test the injector clips with my multimeter and i got no readings. Could that be the problem or could it be somewhere else. Also fuel pump is priming,ecu is good,main relay is good. I turn the keep to the on position and the CEL comes on for a couple seconds then goes off. Also it will start if i spray starting fluid in the throttle body then shut off as soon as its all gone. I need help as im without a car right now and need this thing running. Thanks in advance guys

Muckman

Not a M0derator
If fuel is not coming out of the injectors then you are NOT getting fuel. Misleading title.
How have you determined that fuel is not being injected?
Injectors are switched ground so you should see battery voltage on one of the injectors pins with the ign on.

You mentioned clips - did you recently install new clips or injectors? Are these stock injectors?

What other work has been done on the car prior to it not starting?

emd513

Had the same prob. There's a set of wires that are white on my car with I think green stripe l. Maybe 8 of them all run to a end cap that connect them together. On the driver side. Make sure there good. Other than that you might be looking into a ecu.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

emd513

Op. I did everything you have to mine looking. Its either those wires have broke or cap came off of it. Only other thing since I just notice you said ecu is good is fpr letting fuel just flow back. Does the pump prime and stop or does it continually run. If stop then its good if it doesn't stop your not pressurizing the rail and want get fuel through Injectors

dmcastillo86

I know prior to me getting the vehicle he replaced the fuel pump,fuel filter,ecu,dizzy. Then fuel pump stops after its done priming, and as far as voltage on the injector pins with the ign on i got no readings? How do i check to see if the dizzy is good or not? It has a strong spark. Thanks guys

djzachtyler

Looking for my next Teg..
might be the injector resistor box

it's located driver side corner on the firewall near the top. cant miss it looks like a big heatsink.

they are less than 10 bucks at a pick-n-pull

dmcastillo86

Ya i thought it may be that too. It doesnt have one and i had got one off of ebay it came out a 91 but it doesnt fit mine. Im thinking because its obd0 and mines obd1 idk. I couldnt find any that would fit mine at my local pick n pull

emd513

Have you looked for the cluster of wires I mentioned. I have no box on mine so if yours doesn't then it doesn't matter on it. That would not be your cause. Your going to need to trace your wires for a break. Unless the ecu has gone bad which I have seen several times with remans

dmcastillo86

Ive traced all the wires and looked at the cluster of wires you mentioned and i found no breaks. ECU is good and the resistor box isnt needed on 92's because they use Saturated injectors(what i was told). So im totaly lost on what it could be. I may just have to break down and take it to a shop or dealership

emd513

Go to autozone and rent a fuel pressure checker . Make sure your getting enough fuel to even be pushed through the injectors.

emd513

Sry. Just realized you put you didn't have power to them.lol my bad. Check and see if you have any resistance to those wires that I was talking about. If they don't then trace them back to the fuse box under the hood and makes sure there's not a break. Those are your main wires for the injectors so if they don't have any then you need to find out why.

djzachtyler

Looking for my next Teg..
use a multimeter... you set it to the Ohm setting and put a test lead to each end of the circuit... higher the number displayed = greater resistance.