Help, got scratch in connecting rod, is it good?

Prototype FI

Was removing my old pistons and got this scratch in the upper part of the rod where the wrist pin goes. Is this ubber bad or can i polish it out and proceed with the new pistons??:shock:

Last edited:

speedin

The Transporter
Getting another stock rod is cheap, just get a new one. Its not worth ruining a whole build over $50 worth of parts.

Im assuming its bad enough, because if you would want to "polish" it, then its more than likely too big a scratch to risk. By "polishing" enough to remove a considerable scratch you will remove a considerable amount of material and ruin the tolerances between the pin a rod and thats real bad. Even a small movement can result in destruction over time when dealing with the forces involved on that specific part.

Prototype FI

Thought so just checking with gang, I thought i knew my car for the past 6 years and here they talk about things i didnt think could happen.

speedin

The Transporter
Thought so just checking with gang, I thought i knew my car for the past 6 years and here they talk about things i didnt think could happen.
Glad to help. Try craigslist or local junkyards if you need to find a stock rod cheap. Just be sure to carfully inspect any one you plan on buying carefully with a caliper.

speedin

The Transporter
wheres the best place online to get a good connecting rod?
For an OEM part your best bet is the dealer. As far as where to get an OEM rod online, I could give you a google link but id have no idea on the sites credibility. Hopefully another member will chime in here.

Unless you wanted to get aftermarket rods, then I can give you a few suggestions, but I doubt your looking for the extra expense.

crash.1340

Majestic Honda. They are a dealership based out of Rhode Island, and can get ANYTHING, if they don't have it in stock for some reason. My best friend just ordered a set of stock head bolts and ONE cam bearing bolt for his H23A1. He E-Mailed a picture of exactly what he needed and they had it in stock. Shipping is great, and the stuff is dirt cheap. I suggest giving them a look.

Imcirrus3

what motor do you have I am bout to do a turbo prep bottom end this weekend in my gsr You can have a rod if you pay shipping