help..have sensor but nowhere to plug it into

tegb18

ok i just put my motor back in my da its a b18a1 motor and i got everything pluged up now i have 1 sensor that is bolted on the back of the head i cant figure out where it plugs into ...in this picture my hand is on the distributer to give you a better idea where it is .... i need to know what it is and where i plug it into
[/IMG]

also there is a vacumm plug that is not conected its just caped off its on the back of the intake manifold where does this vacumm plug run too?
[/IMG]

Last edited:

nuenjin

Professional Ametuer
I see by the first picture that you have an aftermarket air intake, I believe that what you are missing is on your factory intake.

tegb18

Do you have any more ideas where it could plug into??? i really need to find out where this goes

emd513

are all your plugs hooked up under the dizzy. theres 2 there. also there are some under the intak that it looks like it could reach. cant really tell the shape. can you get a better pic of it and post it.

tegb18

i still cannt find any plug man .....what is it? is it goin to hurt to leav ir unplugged

Cripton805

Can anyone just look under the hood and help this guy? It's a very simple process instead of telling him to buy the manual.:hithead:

If I still had my DA, I would tell you. Be careful because theres some coolant line that runs from the Intake Manifold. I can't remember which one it is.

leftyfork

That connector is for your EGR valve. It reports back to the ECU whether it is working or not. The plug you are looking for is usually attached to a metal bracket directly below and to the left of the EGR valve itself. Regardless, you are looking for the connection to be somewhere down there, running to the main wiring bundle. That wiring bundle has a ground connection to the thermostat housing as well. You might have to move the intake hose to look around for it, maybe it is dangling down below...

Prozon

Kris
Just curious.. what year is this car?

I have a 93 engine and a '94 engine, and both engines have different intake manifolds then you. Slightly anyways.

DustinXIX

just walkeed out and popped my hood (mines a 1991 GS) and i found a similar connector hooked up its UNDERNEATH the distributor.check there it looks like some sort of sending unit or sensor.good luck.