HELP!! integra cranks but no start, and fuel pump stays on

99teg99

hey, my 99 integra ls will crank but wont start. just replaced starter and distributor. there is no spark at the spark plug but there is power to the black/yellow wire to the distributor. im really stuck and very confused. also my fuel pump stays running when the key is turned forward. i know its suppose to prime the system when its in that position but it doesnt stop. ive read that it can be either ecu, fuel pump relay or some messed up wiring. if anyone knows how to find out which one itd be thatd be great.

any help will be appreciated!!!

mteg

Automatic Lover
When you got the distributor, did it come with new ignitor and ignition coil?

99teg99

yes the distributor came out of a running car so i know its not the distributor. i also checked all the grounds and they are good

mteg

Automatic Lover
Still sounds like ignition problem. I'd tend to lean towards a bad coil and or ignitor. Swap with know good ones and see if it repeats. If the distributor is getting power, but the plugs arent, probelm lies between the 2. I've never once seen an ecu go out...with the exception of either water damage, or something being wired terribly bad...such as a poor stereo or alarm install...or half assed wire tuck.

99teg99

i did get a distributor that i know works. my alarn system that some body put in does look a bit messed with the wiring and im not sure wat to do about that. it just doesnt make sense. im picking up an ecu tn and ill see if that is the problem. i just thi k that the fuel pump staying on and there not being any spark has to be related it some way... i also put a new main relay in, didnt change a thing. and all my fuses r good. ive even replaced them just to see if it was the problem. but still same result. cranks but no spark...