Help Loud thumping

fernando_dc2

I <3 my Honda
My integra has 248k miles and has newer struts, brakes and tires. The car makes a repeating thumping noise (similar to the slapping sound of a tire going flat) ONLY when decelerating. The sound seems to be coming from the front, passenger's side wheel area. It does not matter if I apply the brakes or not, and braking does not make it any better or worse. This occurs even when I put the car in Neutral while driving.ONLY makes noise while going 60-80mph.if i accelarate the noise goes away I appreciate anyone's time that can assist. Thank you in advance.

72Spitfire

Are your CV axles in good shape? Could maybe be one starting to fail.
Or maybe a warped brake rotor?
Or maybe the brake caliper housing bolt has loosened?
I don't know, thats hard to say. Did you pull the passenger side wheel and check for any visible problems?

98gsrDc2

stolen....
My integra has 248k miles and has newer struts, brakes and tires. The car makes a repeating thumping noise (similar to the slapping sound of a tire going flat) ONLY when decelerating. The sound seems to be coming from the front, passenger's side wheel area. It does not matter if I apply the brakes or not, and braking does not make it any better or worse. This occurs even when I put the car in Neutral while driving.ONLY makes noise while going 60-80mph.if i accelarate the noise goes away I appreciate anyone's time that can assist. Thank you in advance.
Could b anything really...wheel bearing possibly or a warped or unbalanced tire...does the steering wheel vibrate..a video would help...or just slow down :thumbs up

Last edited: